Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

About Land  

RSS
kassie OWC
(@kassie-owc)

Text

I have searched on mlol and found where i have shares. what is it worth to me in being a shareholder.
kia ora

Posted : 09 January, 2007 10:24 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Kassie,

quote:

I have searched on mlol and found where i have shares.

That shows several things.

1. You received these shares either by succession or gift to/from the previous owner.(Parents / whanau) This determined the land share portion you received.

2. That there is a Maori Land Court record (Minute Book ... Court Order) showing when, where, why, who and how this came about...details.

3. For the shares you discovered in the mlol search: sqiz through the Land Block record (Title)for the land's details.
-Numbered list of Owners: that's who you have "shares-in-common" with.

-Size of property (Divide this by the total No. of owners = answer equals the amount you may own).

-Check the Land's Block Memorial Schedule. It will tell you what the current status of the land is and it's history.

Lots of now! Is it Revenue generating? Who/What administers the land/s? Is it Rated? How much? Who pays?

Go to Land Block/s local District Council; give them the address and land Block details of each property (you have shares in). Ask for a print out. That will tell you all you should know. Capital Value, +$ -$, etc.

Well Kassie, that's plenty of mahi for you to being going on with.

Now as to

quote:

What is it worth to me being a shareholder.

I guess it comes down to your own personal value system. Is the land your

Turangawaewae?

. This question I give back to you to answer!

Kia Ora Ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2007 8:59 am
kassie OWC
(@kassie-owc)

TextText

Kia ora Retimana

Thank you for you valuable input and time, I hope I didnt come across as if I am searching for monetary reasons.. As I know I have shares, its like am I a voice when there is so many other shareholders, headwise and paper wise I have land but, I could live the rest of my life, not inputting into it..
however I will contact Maori Land Court.

thank you again

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2007 2:15 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Kassie,

Sorry, I didn't mean to appear critical of you or of your search approach.

I understand what you are saying about the amount or portion of a share viz number of shareholders/owners in a property and your wanting to make a contribution to doing what needs to be done for the good of all shareholders and the property.

I have heard my own siblings refer to a share being "no bigger than a fingernail". Of course, this is a real stretch of the truth but what I do know, is this, if that 'fingernail' was situated in our homestead property, there is no way that they would reliquish ownership of it.

Enjoy your journey of discovery.

Kia Ora ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 January, 2007 11:51 am
Share: