Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

ALBERT, John  

RSS
hone OWC
(@hone-owc)

Tena koutou.

I am hoping that someone can help me find my father,John Albert.
I have been searching for him all my life,I never met my father because I was adopted, all I know is that he was last at Raetihi.
John Albert was working in the Patea freezing works and met a lady
from Patea called Molly Waitokia my Mother now deceased.I do know that he came from Wanganui and that their are a number of Albert families from there. I have made enquiries with these families and none of them match with the John Albert that I am searching for.If he is alive then he would be in his 70's-80's.
I have no photo of him,and have no description of him. It is very sad to continue in life and know that you have never met one of your parents,as I understand I am the only issue to John and Molly, my Mother did say before she died that she had heard that John had been killed ?If that is the case then I am the only living testimony of them and that I have lost my only real family from the earth, so can someone please help me.I would be sincerely grateful.

John II

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 10:47:13 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 October, 2004 11:10 am
Tumeke_Bro OWC
(@tumeke_bro-owc)

KIA ORA HONE THE ALBERT WHANAU ORIGINATE FROM UP THE WHANGANUI RIVER AND NGATI RANGI RAETIHI OHAKUNE AREAS WHANAU WANANGAS ARE HELD AT MARAE IN THIS AREA GOOD LUCK

TUMEKE BRO

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 October, 2004 4:34 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora koe e Hone,

keep on searching for your father or even any memories of him.
I do know what it is like to search endlessly and thinking that there
is no hope at all,I searched for 5years for my dads family and just
last week I found two of my cousins from my dads side.I know that like me with persistance you will be lucky like me

kia kaha kia manawa nui

na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 October, 2004 5:09 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Hone

How are you getting on - any luck yet?

Aretecwoman is so right, be persistant and one day you will be lucky!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2004 2:38 am
Chrystal OWC
(@chrystal-owc)

Kia Ora Hone,

I am from Whanganui and Taranaki, My father was born and raised in Patea. I was just wondering whether you were talking about Molly Waitokia that was born as a Waitokia or married a Waitokia and whose maiden name was Nuku? Molly Waitokia who married a Waitokia, married my Great Grandfather George. The other Molly was my koro's Sister so either way the whanau might be able to help you. Kia Kaha

Te Whanau o Whanganui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 December, 2004 12:51 am
Maunga OWC
(@maunga-owc)

kia ora here is a contact name for you Bill Peggy wife to him is Jenny Peggy get in contact with them they may no my grandmother is from Wainganui she is a Sutherland but try and contact them some how sorry i dont have the number
Ps they live next to the Marae in Raetihi
Good luck Kia kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2005 3:35 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora Hone, my sister in law is a Waitokia. My brother worked at the works in Patea and has spoken of John Albert. My brother and your father had nicknames as they both had the same name so their mates tagged them with nicknames so there was no confusion. I will contact my brother this weekend and get more information for you and see if they have any photos to share. Kia kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2005 9:25 pm
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Kia Hone

There have been some promising responses posted here, and now with a Y2ranga response, A connection has been made.

I just wanted to pop and say Kia kaha, hone, I hope that you find your whanau and that it will bring comfort to your soul, to finally find that which is missing and fill the gaps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2005 11:20 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora Hone, I have spoken with my sister in law whose step mother was your mother. She confirms what Crystal has written. Molly was a Nukutarawhiti. John had a brother called Jack who married Edna Rangitonga. My sister-in-law will send me a phone number for your cousin, Ella in Whanganui when she returns to work. You have a big whanau and with Crystal to help you, you will have your questions answered.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2005 6:24 pm
Nae Nuku OWC
(@nae-nuku-owc)

Kia Ora Everyone,My Name Is Renee And I Am A Nukutarawhiti,Im Sorry Hone But I Don't Know Anything About What You Have Asked For I Just Looked Up For "Nukutarawhiti" Hoping To Find Something About My Own Whanau,Does Anyone Know About The Nukutarawhiti's?...If You Do Plz Get Back To Me, Would Be Very Greatfull,Hone I Hope That You Find Your Father,Kia Kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 May, 2005 7:50 pm
clivet
(@clivet)

In response to msg from Maunga, the names that you suggest Hone follows up is actually Bill & Jenny Pehi and yes they live just beside the Raetihi Marae. I hope this is the correct phone number;
(06) 385 4951

Good Luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 May, 2006 6:09 pm
Share: