Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

ALL Tipene's in Motatau  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
nikswatene OWC
(@nikswatene-owc)

Kia Ora, I am looking for any whanau related to me. I am a descendant form Te Rata & Pere Te Taka Tipene. They owned a family farm in Motatau on Rata Rd. They are my great grandparents and parents to my Grandmother "Piwi" who is the eldest of at least 10, I've lost count on how many there actually were. I know of Uncle Frank, Aunty Maude, Aunty Kathy, Aunty Mere, but I always thought I would have run into some cousins by now. Please get in contact with me.
I love going to Motatau, was able to take my husband there approx 1 1/2 years ago and its always home. Was anyone @ the tipene reunion about 1987?? may have been later than that. Pls get in touch

niks

Edited by - nikswatene on Nov 12 2005 08:33:48 AM

Posted : 11 November, 2005 11:28 pm
ize OWC
(@ize-owc)

Kia Ora whanau, I'm descended from Te Ropere & Mereana (nee Henare) Tipene and I believe my great-grandfather Te Ropere was Te Rata's brother. Te Ropere and Mereana had 21 children between them so I'm sure you'll understand why I don't know much of my whanau from outside our branch as I have literally thousands of relatives within our own line itself! It's still choice to meet up with cuzzies regardless. I'm headed out to Motatau tomorrow - my parents (Jimmy Morgan & Sophie) are moving back out there. We live in Paihia so it's only a hop, skip and a jump away. Nice to meet you anyway cuz,
Eileen aka Ize

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2005 5:38 pm
nikswatene OWC
(@nikswatene-owc)

Awesome to meet you!!

Its great to know you have more whanau out there, especially when you could be passing each other in the street and never know.

Thanks for getting back to me, maybe I can research it abit more and who knows where I'll end up

arohanui

Nicky

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 November, 2005 12:42 pm
kotiro OWC
(@kotiro-owc)

Kia ora Niks,

I am a descendant of Te Rata Tipene too who was married to Mihiwira Hoterene. His son, Te Riwhi, was my grandfather, and I was born from his daughter Makuini. Te Riwhi and Tuwahine Tautari born 16 children. I have also been trying to track and record my lineage for a few years now (Te Riwhi's side only, as just this family alone was huge).

My records have Te Rata's parents were Hemi Tipene and Maraea Waa. Paternal grandparents were Mataroria Tipene and Te Huka Koukouariki and great paternal grandparents were Rori Tipene and Moki ??.

Hope this helps a little.

Lillian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2006 10:29 am
otukaiao OWC
(@otukaiao-owc)

Kia ora ra koutou,

I am also a whanaunga, my mum lives in Motatau and is a Tipene. If you want more contact with the Tipenes and Motatau in general, there is a Motatau newsletter called 'Te Pukeko'. It's a neat wee newsletter that keeps us all in touch with each other. Let me know if you are interested and I can let Suzie T who writes know you email addresses.

Cher

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2006 1:18 pm
Hinauri OWC
(@hinauri-owc)

Kia ora otukaio
I am actually Niks sister and live in the states at the moment. I would love to recieve that newsletter if possible! I am really interested in doing our whakapapa and would love to know whats going in good ol' Motatau. My email address is hinauri@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 March, 2006 6:55 am
whaeakiri OWC
(@whaeakiri-owc)

Kia ora koutou, I myself too is tryin to track any information/Images/Links of my Grandfather Mita Tipene (1920-1960?)from Motatau. He passed away when my mother was at a young age. He had two daughters to my grandmother Carol Peihopa/Ashby(D).I dont have any names to help but I think he may be resting in the mangarei Cemetary. He may also have some other children??
My mother is 48. Please help!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 June, 2006 8:53 pm
shoogydoogy OWC
(@shoogydoogy-owc)

Then someone must know my mum HAKA TIPENE from Motatau, married Mika Honetana from Moerewa. I remember she had a sister Janie and we are related to Henare Tipene I think thats what his name is. Would love any info on mum big or small.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2006 2:03 pm
Broni OWC
(@broni-owc)

Yes me to am finding information on my mother and her family, just know that her dad was Te Ropere and Mum were Mereana would like to know more about them. Have met a few of my mums sisters they were Auntie Janie she use to drive the school bus up there, and Untie Puma, would also like to meet some relations as me and my sister shoogydoog would love some info bout her family. Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 July, 2006 10:16 pm
baygal76 OWC
(@baygal76-owc)

TextTextText
Tena koutou e te whanau katoa. I am a direct decendant of Te Rata Tipene, hes my great-grandfather so i am related to you all. My grandfather is Te Pene Tipene (Te Rata's son) and he married my grandmother Paki Hone Kopa. My father is Huru Tipene and my mum is Nellie Tipene (nee Henare). Who is Nana Janie's sister name your talking about, you mum is it? im talking about the post before me please? I may know her, well my mum will definitely know who anyway and i can do some research for you. Its awesome coming into the Maori whakapapa site to meet more whanau, its awesome, i live in Motatau myself, was born in Kawakawa but breed in Motatau until i was 18 and i went away and came back to live here when i had my first child. I love being home, no place like it!!!! My name is Phyllis Tipene by the way. Mauri Ora kia koutou 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 August, 2006 10:34 pm
shoogydoogy OWC
(@shoogydoogy-owc)

Hi Phyllis
My name is Soraya and I am assumming that the message was for me-SHOOGYDOOG. Any way I am in search of info regarding my belovered mother now deceased. She married Mika/Issac Honetana from Pokapu and had many children. As I was saying my mum Haka had a sister called Janie and they were a spitting image of each other except untie Janie had those beautiful blue/green eyes and always well dressed. Any info would be good jus about her my grandparents and where they originated etc.

Thank you much appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 August, 2006 11:11 am
baygal76 OWC
(@baygal76-owc)

Hiya Soraya, sorry yes, wen i went to post, i couldnt see your name, sorry bout that. I can e-mail all your information to a cousin of yours, Pita Tipene (his dad was a brother to your mum, his name was Solomon Tipene) and he will be able to give you all the information you need 🙂 Do you mind if i give him your e-mail address or would you prefer to go through me? Look forward to hearing from ya! Phyllis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 August, 2006 12:15 pm
shoogydoogy OWC
(@shoogydoogy-owc)

KIA ORA
That would be fantastic Phyllis and thank you so much I really appreciate it. I know a fair bit about my dads side but no nothing about mums side apart from the few people I remember when I was a wee girl eg: Auntie Janie. Another sister, Bronwen and myself were fostered out to a family from my dads side and although we kept in touch with our biological family we really never got to know our mums side, mind you there was so many and when your little man whos going to remember whos who LOL. Keep in touch and its nice to no and find new relos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 August, 2006 9:38 am
Broni OWC
(@broni-owc)

Kia ora this message is for Kotiro

Just wandering if you know of a Nicholas Tipene (Snr) he married Dulcie King from Koutu Loop Road, Hokianga and they had three sons: Nicholas, Gary(deceased), Craig.

Would you happen to know which line he comes from, would greatly appreciate it very much if you could get back to me.

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 August, 2006 12:01 am
Peita Whanau OWC
(@peita-whanau-owc)

Kia ora Niks

yayayaya this is great....... my dad is a Peita but brought up Chub and Whiti Tipene from Tipene Rd Motatau (sadly all passed on now)and Ize is a cousin of mine.

I cant remember everyones names (especially all the Tipene's and Browns) cos there sooooo many but I do remember Aunty Janie because she drove the school bus.........hahahaha

Ok no doubt we are related in some way so its all good, looking forward to hearing from you

ka kite ano
Tania

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2006 11:56 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: