Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

All Waitere whanau from the Waikato!  

RSS
jessica OWC
(@jessica-owc)

Kiaora all, i'm looking for any information on the name Waitere, where it came from, and most importantly, how is the name connected with the tainui waka???? Anything anyone has would be awesome!Thanks!

j.waitere372@student.dce.ac.nz

Posted : 29 September, 2006 12:46 pm
Nature OWC
(@nature-owc)

Hi there,
I am not a Waitere but my first cousin had some kids to a Waitere. they all reside in Waipukurau and if you ask anyone down there they would put you in the right direction of where they are. i have heard ny cousin talk about her kids whanau and how they were from the tainui waka. unfortunately she is not on the net but i can pass any info on to her and we can see if she can help you out. good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 March, 2007 6:36 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Kiaora all, i'm looking for any information on the name Waitere, where it came from, and most importantly, how is the name connected with the tainui waka???? Anything anyone has would be awesome!Thanks!

j.waitere372@student.dce.ac.nz

A life time ago, I was at school with two Waitere brothers, Eric and Ivan. They were Tainui, from Raglan and I understand they were of the Tainui-Awhiro iwi. Their sister Diane married Tama Pohatu from Muriwai and they live in Gisborne. Sorry, I have no phone number but try the phone book, although you'll have to take pot luck as there are lots of Pohatus around Gizzy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2007 7:17 pm
Share: