Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

ALLISON,SAMUEL AND MABEL:HELP WITH MY WHAKAPAPA  

RSS
greg spencer OWC
(@greg-spencer-owc)

HI IM TRYING TO TRACK DOWN ANY ONE WHO CAN HELP ME WITH INFORMATION ABOUT MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER,HER NAME WAS MABEL ALLISON,SHE WAS BORN ON 20TH FEB 1890 IN INVERCARGILL,SHE IS ON THE NZ MAORI WOMENS REGISTER,SHE MARRIED SAMUAL JAMES DABB AND DIED ON 27 FEB 1973 IN HAMILTON,HER PARENTS NAMES WERE SAMUEL ALLISON AND MARY ANN ALLISON(NEE, SMALL).I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT HER AND WHAT TRIBE SHE IS AFFILIATED WITH.THANKYOU FOR READING THIS,I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING HER BIRTH CERT,THANKYOU GREG SPENCER

Posted : 14 June, 2005 4:45 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora greg spencer,

Hopefully here birth certificate will have the iwi information on it for you. If it does not, you could try doing a search for "Ngai Tahu" in the links section and contact them to see if they know anything - they have a whakapapa research unit.

Good luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2005 5:27 pm
greg spencer OWC
(@greg-spencer-owc)

THANKS HEAPS,HAVE TRIED NGAI TAHU,THEY SAID TRY BIRTH CERT THANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2005 11:57 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano greg spencer,

Good luck with finding the birth certificate!

Make sure you have read (under the menu "Were to Start" in the Whakapapa Club) the korero about Births, Deaths and Marriages as you may not be able to find a birth certificate at the Register of DBM so that korero will give you other options and suggestions of where to look .

What is the New Zealand Maori Women's Register? I have never heard of it, but if it is another avenue for finding information, I would be most appreciative if you could let us know what it is and where to find it!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2005 1:50 pm
Share: