Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Amohau Whanau  

RSS
Hurag4 OWC
(@hurag4-owc)

Hi there, i am looking for any whanau that may have photos of my grandfather Anania Amohau & also photos of my father Taiamai Amohau?Or if i have any rellys in Wellington also, as we are from Rotorua but have been raised here in Wellington.

Edited by - Hurag4 on Apr 20 2006 2:03:17 PM

Posted : 20 April, 2006 1:50 pm
Raniera OWC
(@raniera-owc)

Kia ora Huia,

I too would be interested any photos or information that you maybe able to help me with . As I am researching the history of the church. In which your grandfather and father were a part of. Your mother must be Lorraine Im guessing? I see by your age, you must be one of the younger children of Taiamai. I still need to reply back to your eldest sister who sent a email to me last year. I will get on to very soon.
Naku noa, na
Raniera Kingi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2006 7:51 pm
sharee OWC
(@sharee-owc)

Kia ora Huia,

I am a whanaunga of your. I am a Moko of Miro Amohau (Taiamai's brother & Anania's uncle.),well to your request of photo's of Anania there are 3 of him & one of Paora Te Amohau in the Alexander Turnbull Library or you can go their web site (www.natib.govt.nz)then go to Tapuhi cataiogue,Timeframes. this is where you would find the photo's. If you need help withh whakapapa my brother can help you their.Well hope to hear from you. Ka Kete.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2006 9:58 pm
Hurag4 OWC
(@hurag4-owc)

Hi Raniera, yes that is right i am the daughter of Lorraine and the youngest of 5 children!! May i ask how you know my mother as that was suprising to hear:) As far as the church goes i can answer any questions only as far as i know of. My sister would be the one to ask about the church, as i only know bits and pieces. Thanx cant wait to hear back!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 May, 2006 4:19 pm
Hurag4 OWC
(@hurag4-owc)

Hi Sharee, Thanx i had a look at the photo's and appreciate your help, i am looking mainly for any whanau from Rotorua who may have childhood photo's with my father Taiamai also. As far as wakapapa goes, our late Koro Wihapi has given this to a nephew of his who is apparently going to pass this on to my eldest brother Anania who lives here in Wellington, but if this does not happen then that would be cool to get in touch with your brother some how. Thanx and cant wait to hear back from you:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 May, 2006 4:25 pm
whakar OWC
(@whakar-owc)

you should contact your uncle hupa,his mother is the sister of your koro,pipiana for old photos etc he has been the guardian of most of the taonga held in the old wharenui taoi at whakarewarewa for yonks or otherwise contact your uncle wiari rauhina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2006 5:03 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

Tena koe e Te Amohau, te uri o Pangotehuatahi, nga uri o Whakauekaipapa tena kotou katoa!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2006 5:29 pm
haroldh OWC
(@haroldh-owc)

quote:

Hi there, i am looking for any whanau that may have photos of my grandfather Anania Amohau & also photos of my father Taiamai Amohau?Or if i have any rellys in Wellington also, as we are from Rotorua but have been raised here in Wellington.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 May, 2007 2:11 pm
haroldh OWC
(@haroldh-owc)

quote:

Huia, I have a photo of someone known as Anania Amohau taken in the 1950s, and want to discover if he was the same man who wrote the words for the Maori Battalion marching song, who was your grandfather. Can you get in touch with me
work 04 802 6269 ext 8304 or home 04 477 9628
or email Harold_Hill@nzf.salvationarmy.org

I have the photo in electronic form and could email it to you as an attachment. I've tried copying and pasting it on to this reply but it doesn't seem to work. It shows him wearing Salvation Army uniform, standing outside a wharenui with a small child. I have spoken with people who remember him as a member of the Salvation Army in Petone in the 1950s, and they believed he was the writer of the words of the song. I am editing a book, in which I want to refer to him.

Harold Hill

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 May, 2007 2:20 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

Amohaus from ohinemutu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 May, 2007 3:08 pm
Share: