Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

APEREHAMA Matire  

RSS
kassie OWC
(@kassie-owc)

Text

I am looking for any information in regards to Matire Aperehama died 1945,age 24 years old, buried in Waihou Northland Her parents were Rapaere and Atiria .Looking for links to who my father may be, have heard a name of Jack Mathews/Matthews. Or may have been a soldier. If anyone has anything please let me know.
Kia oraText

Edited by - kassie on Jan 10 2007 2:23:47 PM

Posted : 09 January, 2007 9:47 pm
P.Taitimu OWC
(@p-taitimu-owc)

Tena koe. my mothers parents were Rapaera and Atiria Abraham. My mums name was Rahima, she had 5 bros and 3 sisters and 1 whangai. Only 1 aunty remains alive, her name is Jean Abraham. I will get more info for u will keep in touch. Was Matire your mother?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2008 9:56 pm
P.Taitimu OWC
(@p-taitimu-owc)

kia ora ano. I need to correct my information.there were 6 bros and 8 sisters but according to my informant there may have been a total of 17 in the family ie siblings of Rapaera and Atiria.As for your father my informant is 85% sure he was a gentleman called Jack Matthews but I need to make 1 more phone call to a certain person who may confirm this.Heres hoping.On your birth certificate there is mention of your mum,Matire,but who the father is is unknown,although,he was married and married twice. It was common in those times to only register the mother.NOHO ORA MAI.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 February, 2008 6:26 pm
P.Taitimu OWC
(@p-taitimu-owc)

Further to my previous message Jack resided at Rangi Point,over the hill.By the way are you sure your mum passed away in 1945? That date is being questioned by many 1946 is what THE BIRTHS AND DEATHS certificates say,but it could be wrong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 February, 2008 6:36 pm
Tweet13
(@tweet13)

Kia Ora

I'm just amazed by reading this post, I would like to say that we are the grandchildren of Jean Abraham, we spend alot of time with her and we would like to know more information concerning Robert Rapaere Abraham and Atiria  Abraham as they are Jean Abraham's parents. Any information is so important and interesting to our family.

Nga mihi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2018 11:27 am
Share: