Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

APIATA Alfred  

RSS
Kaiser OWC
(@kaiser-owc)

Kia Ora

I am trying to find my son-in law's Dad, Alfred APIATA born 1935 or 36 in Kerikeri. On the Birth Certificate of his son Michael (surname known as Wakefield) he is listed as 34 years old and a Forestry Hand.

He would be around 70 years old now if he is still alive.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kay.
Christchurch

Posted : 25 November, 2006 4:52 pm
terehi OWC
(@terehi-owc)

I came across some APIATA at Oromahoe. Oromahoe is on SH10 near Kerikeri. Not far from Kaikohe and Moerewa. You might find someone via whitepages? Try Whetu ASHBY-APIATA, or maybe just one of those surnames. I did work for him at Oromahoe about 4 years ago. He is still there and might be around the same age as Alfred.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 December, 2006 1:22 pm
kuri OWC
(@kuri-owc)

The Apiata whanau is from Oramahoe try the marae, also Pita Apiata( he is known as Pinto) is a kaumatua at both Oramahoe and Waitangi his phone number is in the book, he lives at Kawakawa, he would definitely know Alfred.

ka kite ano
kuri

Edited by - kuri on Jan 01 2007 10:51:36 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 January, 2007 10:45 pm
Ben Apiata OWC
(@ben-apiata-owc)

The Apiata whanau from Oromahoe are my whanau,my grandfather is Mohi(moses)Apiata.Pinto is one of his brothers,my uncle Mo still lives in Oromahoe he might be able to help you. Will have to ring him to see if its alright to give you his phone number but i'm sure he will be cool about it.I havent herd the name Alfred mentioned before he may be related to the Apiata whanau in Waitangi,will leave another message in a couple of days just hope its not Maori time you might be waitihg for awhile hahaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2007 11:14 pm
Kaiser OWC
(@kaiser-owc)

Thank you all for your replies. I will try to contact the Oromahoe Marae and maybe send a copy of the only photo we have of Alfred (Fred) taken probably in his 30's, to see if anyone recognises him ( His son Michael aged 35 now is the image of him!)

Any futher information would be great.

Ka kite ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 January, 2007 4:33 pm
Kaiser OWC
(@kaiser-owc)

Kia Ora to those who kindly replied to my query about Alfred ( Fred) Apiata. After six months of searching we have found him, alive and well and living in Orewa, Auckland.

His son Michael is in Auckland working at the moment and is going to see him very shortly. Special thanks to Ben Apiata in Australia whose lead ultimately resulted in sucess!

Kay
Christchurch

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 May, 2007 11:30 pm
Share: