Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

ARAMAKUTU Haratea Tunuiarangi Help with my whakapapa  

RSS
LydiaNewth OWC
(@lydianewth-owc)

I am researching whakapapa for my whanau and I and would appreciate any info on my late grandfather who was Haratea Tunuiarangi Aramakutu. He was also known as Tu or Paekau Aramakutu. He was my mothers father and was born in 1905, Te whanau A Apanui Nō Te Araroa and he fought in the Battle of El Alamein where he was killed in action in 1942. I am also researching whakapapa on my mums mothers side. Ko Rahera Paringatai tona ingoa Nō Horoera Te Araroa. My grandmother died giving birth to my mum and mum was whangai I understand by her untie Riria Hotai who I am named after only given the pakeha name Lydia. Anyone who can help me with info this would be better than winning lotto.

Posted : 22 May, 2006 9:35 pm
constance OWC
(@constance-owc)

Hi there. I suppose this has nothing to do with your posting but I was told I had a half brother whose name is Tumoana Aramakutu. I have been looking for him ever since I found out. Any help on this would be appreciated.....I knew a Rangi Hotai whos grandparents were Parangatai from Te Araroa. Hope this helps. My email is constance.green@xtra.co.nz. Connie Green(nee Williams)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 September, 2006 9:58 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Lydia, Have you tried taking a quick look at Family search.org? There are a few Aramakutu tipuna in there, including a Rahera Aramakutu who married a Cyril Newth, my whanau from those ways and one of my nanny aunties married a Aramakutu many years ago, her line and marriage is in there as well. Kia ora, good luck too.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 September, 2006 11:42 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

Kia ora Lydia, I visited Tekaha last March and was introduced to an elder there. He helped alot with my whakapapa research, as my mother's whanau lived there - (POATA). My great uncle Porourangi POATA also fought in the battle of El Alamein. Maybe you can try him too. His name is Tony Chadwick and his email address is chado@xtra.co.nz
He is a very knowledgeable man.
I hope this helps.
Leah Williams

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 October, 2006 4:42 pm
Share: