Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

ATEREA, Help with my whakapapa  

RSS
ozmaorimaiden OWC
(@ozmaorimaiden-owc)

My father is Daniel Malcolm Aterea. I was born in Hamilton in 1970. When I was 18 months old we flew back to australia and not long after my mum & dad split up. They did not reunite. From a young age I told my mother when I grew up I would find my Dad. I did find him and met him and his family once when I was 25 and have since lost contact. I know of no other relatives on his side and was told he was an orphan. On my birth certificate it says he was born in Auckland. I have always longed to learn of any family. If you can help in anyway however small it would be most appreciated. Although I now have my own family I still feel incomplete, like something is missing. And most imrtantly I know nothing of my hetag of my culture, I feel as though it was all taken from me.

Posted : 26 August, 2006 1:07 am
Share: