Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Atkins,Akena, Whanau: Finding family.  

RSS
tamati76 OWC
(@tamati76-owc)

Kia ora
Looking for Atkins or Akena Whanau from Tikapa or any where from the Tai Rawhiti area. Ko Ngati Porou toku iwi, Ko Pokai toku marae. Ko Wayne Tamati Atkins toku ingoa. Ko Eruini (Jerry) Atkins toku papa.

Edited by - tamati76 on May 31 2006 09:02:32 AM

Posted : 27 May, 2006 6:23 pm
Panipani OWC
(@panipani-owc)

Kia Ora Tamati,

Akena or Aikins runs through my family a couple of generations back. My mother is from Tikapa and she was a Grant. If you would like the whakapapa I would be happy to give it to you.

Cheerio

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 June, 2006 11:14 am
tamati76 OWC
(@tamati76-owc)

Kia Ora Pani,

Good to here from some Whanau, it would be great to get your whakapapa and see if there is any connection. My father Eruini has just sifted back to Tikapa and now teaches Kawa to people from the area (and mows our Marae's lawns).

I hope to hear from you soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 June, 2006 5:06 pm
jacinta OWC
(@jacinta-owc)

Kia ora Korua,
I am descended from the Banks whanau from Tikapa, who I think are related to the Atkins. I am also researching our whakapapa. My Nan Hiki Bartlett (nee Banks) is from Tikapa. My great grandfather, or great uncle, Alfred Banks was married to Harata Ngatai, daughter of Heni Atkins and Wi Ngatai. Ko Ngati Pokai toku hapu. Ko Pokai toku marae.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 October, 2006 1:12 pm
kancoo OWC
(@kancoo-owc)

Kia Ora aku whanaunga. Ko Hoana Taare au. Ko taku papa ko Whakahihi Taare, ko taku mama ko Tawhai Te Maro. Ko taku kuia ko Mere Grant i moe kia Ahipene Te Maro. Ko taku kuia ko Maraea Atkins i moe iaia Ko Tame Atkins. Hoana Te Maro Parata bought me up at Tikapa. Ko Pokai ano au.
I'm one of the twins and my twin sister was Mate.
I was born in 1926. Would like to hear from some of my whanaunga. Phone number: 07 3455378.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 January, 2007 9:13 pm
peti OWC
(@peti-owc)

Kia ora koutou,

Does anyone know of a marriage or maori customary marriage between Polly (Pare) Te Oti Hill or Hira (born 1889 Whitianga ) to an Atkins member. They were living in australia before she left to go to the USA.Polly was the second child of Whareherehere Anaru Mataki and Roger Hill. Possibly she may also have been married to a mr Hodge before Mr Atkins. Kia ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 January, 2007 11:29 pm
Nature OWC
(@nature-owc)

Kia Ora Te Whanau,

I also descend from Heni Atkins and Wi Tangiawha Ngatai. My Nan is one of Tewi Ngatai's Daughters who is a son to Heni and Wi, and yes Harata is a sister to Tewi.If you still need some info give us a reply but i am sure someone has given it to you guys by now. Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2007 4:01 pm
TUTS OWC
(@tuts-owc)

TENA KOUTOU TE WHANAU....
KO HIKURANGI TE MAUNGA
KO WAIAPU TE AWA
KO NGATI POROU TE IWI
KO TE ATATU AU
JUST IN SEARCH OF ANY WHAKAPAPA ON ATKINS IN TIKAPA...MY FATHER IN LAW IS LEO HIROKI ATKINS,DOESNT RECALL MUCH ABOUT THE WHAKAPAPA.(SON OF TUREITI AND KIWA ATKINS)
MY HUSBAND (DEVLIN) AND I JUST IN SEARCH OF ANYONE WHO CAN AWHI US FOR OUR TAMARIKI....KIA ORA....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2008 9:24 pm
Share: