Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Barbarich, James  

RSS
BellaBerry OWC
(@bellaberry-owc)

Hi there. Looking for relatives of James Barbarich whom died and is buried in Rotorua. He had an illegitimate daughter (my mother) in 1944 but also went on to have another daughter Lorraine (she is in Australia with her daughter Serena and another), but also twin sons to whom I can't recall their names, there may be more but I am unsure. Apparently we are part of Ngatirangi and our Marae is in Tauranga! I hope to hear from someone.

Posted : 12 March, 2007 8:03 am
papaka OWC
(@papaka-owc)

Tena koe,

My husbands grandmother was (Melba)Merepa Barbarich who married Tauhe Paama, and while I can't help you personally with your search, maybe one of my husbands family can. You will have connections to the Waikari Marae here in Tauranga (Matapihi). One of the Paama whanau may be able to help you. If you email me I can give you the contact details of my husbands uncle who may be able to help you out although I can't guarantee it.

Good luck with your search.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2007 4:12 pm
thel OWC
(@thel-owc)

If you are still wanting to find out more about James Barbarich i think i can help you. I am a Barbarich and Lorraine is my cousin although i have only met her on 2 occasions when she came back to NZ with her daughter Sereena for a family unveiling. But I did know Uncle Jim and remember him spending Christmas with us on a few occasions in Te Aroha. And if it is the same man, he was buried in Morrinsville, where he lived for a number of years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 August, 2007 7:38 pm
aumak OWC
(@aumak-owc)

James Barbarich was my son-in-laws grandfather,I e-mailed my son in law and he gave me the following info.Lorraine had 2 children,wayne and serena.lorraines brother lyndsey passed away recently.Lorraine has 2 more brothers, terry and gary left from the original 5 children of james barbarich.They all live in australia.
My son in law has given me lorraines phone no. if you wish to contact them.
My son in law lives in auckland and his name is Prestin Barbarich.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2007 7:32 pm
BellaBerry OWC
(@bellaberry-owc)

Hi there. Yes please, I would love to be able to talk to Aunty Lorraine... Could you please email me at craigandbella@xtra.co.nz
Thank you so much, you have no idea how happy you have just made me.
Thank you.
Isabel

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 August, 2007 7:20 pm
aumak OWC
(@aumak-owc)

Hi, this is a message for Thel.
Thel,i am not maori but would like to do a family tree for my Barbarich grandsons.
Lorraine is my son in laws aunt so you are related to my grandsons if you are lorraines cousin.
My e-mail address is audreyklaas@yahoo.co.uk any info you give me would be appreciated.
I will be in auckland visiting my family in october maybe we can arrange little a barbarich
family with people those who are still in new zealand.
Audrey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 August, 2007 8:03 pm
thel OWC
(@thel-owc)

Kia ora aumak!!!!
It all sounds pretty good to me, I will send you an e-mail later on today as I'm off to rugby shortly.
I'm very happy for Isabel, she e-mailed me and sounded very excited about everything!!
Was very sorry to read about Lyndsey.
Who is your son in laws father? Is it one of the ones living or was it Lyndsey or James(jnr)?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 August, 2007 3:56 pm
aumak OWC
(@aumak-owc)

Hi Thel, I never ever met my son in laws father.he passed away some time after i arrived in london after 1999.maybe about 2 years later.
I think he must have been James rex barbarich.
Not sure about the James but my grandson was given his second name of rex as a second name.
look forward to hearing from you. audrey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 August, 2007 12:12 am
Sidney Len Barbarich OWC
(@sidney-len-barbarich-owc)

Hello there Bella, I'm new to this site, but i was told about you by my son so i thought i would sign on and give you what i know. I was born in 1941 and know the majority of the Barbarich whanau and i knew uncle Jim very well in his later years he lived with my brother and i in Te Kuiti, ( that was after he parted from his wife aunty Gloria and she moved to Aus). Uncle jim was in the Maori Battalion in the second world war but was injured and sent home early and that would probably be the time your mother was concieved. but if you want to know more my email addy is on this site, Kia Ora.
Sid

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2007 10:36 am
aumak OWC
(@aumak-owc)

Hi Sydney,originaly i replied to Bella. My son in law prestin is also a grandson of James Barbarich, Prestins father was named James after his grandfather.
Prestin has just arrived back from australia where he went to his Nan glorias 80th Birthday.
This is also to let Bella know that Gloria no longer has a land line but if she wants glorias cell no. I can get it for her.
Sydney, where do you fit in the family,how are you related to James Bararich??
Audrey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2007 10:23 am
Share: