Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

BARBER, Aherata  

Lil OWC
(@lil-owc)

Kia ora,
I am trying to find a photo of my nana Aherata Puru (nee:Barber). She was born around 1900 to 1917 and passed away in 1949. Her parents are Te Waru Harihona Papa Barber and Katarina Barber(nee:Makene) and her grandparents are Hoani Papa and Maria Papa(nee:Paewa). She had 3 brothers who were Wiwaru, Tete & Hari and 7 sisters and they were Kare,Mate,Tuwai,Hera,Haumu,Hana & Pane. She married Sam Puru and had around 8 kids. My cousin and I returned back from up north but with no luck. We went Te karae, Te Arohanui Marae (Mangataipa) and Mungamuka Marae (Ngapuhi) we also visit Mauri Marae in Taheke and saw my cousin in Waima, she had some info but not enough.
So anyone out there who knows any of my tipuna or who are related to them please drop me a line, anything will do to get closer to my nana's photo.
Thankyou Lillian Puru

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 9:46:06 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 January, 2005 10:46 pm
badassftw OWC
(@badassftw-owc)

Hi Lil, I ned some help to try and find my family in nz, They are in Hawera in the name of Sharpe, Lance and Ellsa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 January, 2005 7:54 pm
Lil OWC
(@lil-owc)

I have just received my nana's land papers and she had land in Mangamuka but it was under Aherata Te Waru, so if anyone has ANY INFORMATION please don't hesitate.

Thankyou

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 January, 2005 8:18 pm
Lil OWC
(@lil-owc)

Kia ora
Just a update on my grandmother, I have finally found her burial place in Oturei, she's not marked but I have documents to say she is there. I have been in contact with her whanau (in Te Karae and Mangamuka) even having wananga at the place she was married, its so awesome, all the whanau I met so far are just lovely and I'm gonna met more of them. The only sad thing about it, I still have no photo of her, so if anyone out know of anyone who has a photo of my nana please don't hestitate to contact me on lillypu4@hotmail.com. Here is more info:
She had 2 names - Aherata Te Waru or Hazel, she married Mita Whanui Puru or Haami Puru at Te Karae 31 August 1924. She was born in Magataipa abt 1903 and passed away 28.01.1949 buried in Oturei. I think she went to Kohukohu or Mangamuka native school.
Thankyou for reading this note. Ma te wa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 July, 2005 5:17 pm
Cerena Tahu
(@cerena-tahu)

kia ora lil, please check your private email, i sent you one from cerena, just correcting a mistake i made when i sent you the email. Ngaketo was my grandfathers father.

Na
Cerena

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2005 10:25 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena Koe Lillian

I'll enquire around from my whanau from Te Rawhiti. Maybe one of my uncles or aunties may be able to help.
My grand-aunty from Te Rawhiti married Riiwi Noema [a.k.a. Barney] Whanui Puru whom was a brother to Hami Mita Whanui Puru. The uri of Barney Whanui Puru still reside here in Te Rawhiti. My grandmother and Barney's spouse, my grand-aunty were the daughters of Tauri Rewiri Ahitapu from Te Rawhiti.
Will keep you posted.

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 October, 2005 10:02 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Judge FREDERICK EDWARD MANING = HARAKOI
|
PURUWHERO TE MANENE = KATARAINA
|
WHANUI PURU = TUINI TE TANE [He tamahine o TE TANE TE IKAHUKA]
|
HAAMI MITA WHANUI PURU

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 June, 2006 12:53 am
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Kia ora Hohaia2,
As Judge Maning is my GGG grandfather do you have the names above Harakoi as the plot thickens.
Pi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 June, 2006 12:18 am
Lil OWC
(@lil-owc)

Thanks for that hohaia2, yes that is my nga tupuna...my grandfather is buried in Taheke, he's been gone 45 years (June 16) but my dad is still alive, his name is Werekake Wilcox Puru...my grandfather is originally from Waima but he liked the veiw better in Taheke..lol...he's on top of the hill...thanks again, I hope we can meet soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 June, 2006 4:15 pm

Working

Please Login or Register