Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Barbridge? - ngati rangi?  

RSS
Theo12 OWC
(@theo12-owc)

Kia ora,
well I've had no luck trying to find some of my papas whanau. tamehana / thompson. thomson.
So I will try & find some of my mamas whanau. I'm told her people are from tauranga. but she was fostered out as a young child & she isn't sure about anything realy.
Im devastated I know I have whanau out there but I can't find them. I need them so any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps

Posted : 23 January, 2006 9:35 am
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Have you tried www.familysearch.org

can you give your grandparents ingoa whanau (last names) that will be a huge help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 January, 2006 10:26 am
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

The Thompson's I know come from Raetahi. Have you tried phoning around in that area. Might come under Wanganui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 January, 2006 3:19 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora
I know quite a few Tamehana whanau are from Matamata ways i will post the marae when i patai my husband. Its a marae you come across when heading towards Tauranga via a natural hot spring.

Kia kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2006 8:04 pm
Monique OWC
(@monique-owc)

Kia ora,
You may want to try looking in the general and maori electoral rolls which are at public libraries, its a great way to find people if you have an initial and a last name and its definitely even better if you have a general idea of where they might be living. Also, if you have any idea of say your uncles wife's first name you can also check the listing under her initials as well and if both names are listed at the same address then you know to definitley try that one. It may be a bit of work but it will be worth it! Dont give up! Best of luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 January, 2006 1:21 am
babyji2_2ruaz OWC
(@babyji2_2ruaz-owc)

Kia ora e hoa,

I am a Barbarich originally from Tauranga but have been born and bred in Gisborne.

If you are looking for the Barbarich whanau, whom i have a strong suspicion you are there are many Barbarich's in the matapihi area that you can contact.

or

You can go to www.surnamenavigator.org

My father is a Barbarich so feel free to email me if you like.

Good luck bro

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 5:42 pm
margiet OWC
(@margiet-owc)

Kiora,

I know Thompson whanau from Waipukurau, Taranaki & Waipawa. If you want, I can see if I can get you a contact? Let me know okay.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 9:13 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

I relate/descend to/from the Tamihana/Thompson familes in Wairoa and Hawkes Bay generally. Also relate to Thompson whanau in Tauranga by Marriage re: Tiger Thompson

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 August, 2006 12:18 am
queenkahu OWC
(@queenkahu-owc)

There are Tamihana /Tamehana from Tuhoe also there are Thompsons from Ahipara. There are also Tanehana over on the Chathams.

I also think you are looking for Barbarich and there are some from Ngati Maniapoto who link in through the Manawaiti lineage.
Mauriora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 September, 2006 3:45 pm
tajaman OWC
(@tajaman-owc)

Anyone linked to thompsons from Taradale? Or with links to Otane/Waipukurau? thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2007 3:53 pm
Share: