Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

BARNETT  

RSS
Burnice OWC
(@burnice-owc)

Kia ora Tatou.

I am Burnice Barnett from the Ngapuhi iwi. I live in Moerewa and was wondering if there is anyone out there who are related to any Barnett's from the Ngapuhi area and if they have any information on our family background/whakapapa.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Posted : 14 November, 2005 12:54 pm
chriz OWC
(@chriz-owc)

hi,
i have just come across your posting, a bit late! i have traced an ancestor named sarah ann trask, nee barnett who in 1870 lived at mauawatu (spelling hard to understand) if you are still looking and this rings a bell please reply or however it is done
cheers
chriz cummings (oz)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 March, 2007 4:42 pm
karen OWC
(@karen-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Tatou.

I am Burnice Barnett from the Ngapuhi iwi. I live in Moerewa and was wondering if there is anyone out there who are related to any Barnett's from the Ngapuhi area and if they have any information on our family background/whakapapa.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2007 9:36 pm
karen OWC
(@karen-owc)

I am from the Barnett's of Manawatu and Waikato. If you need more info on Sarah Ann Trask (nee Barnett) then let me know.
Karen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2007 9:39 pm
moks OWC
(@moks-owc)

I am a direct link also to Barnett's as for Ngapuhi I have found in the shipping logs of Auckland a few barnett's that came over in the 1860s as well
Hello Karen
Sarah Ann Trask nee Barnett is a direct descendent as she was the daughter of Ann Maria Bruce and Sidney William Barnett. And it is Manawatu and as far as I know they had 3 children.
George Trask was only 6yrs when he arrived in NZ with his parents on the ship Gertrude on 3rd Nov 1841

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 February, 2008 11:12 am
Share: