Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

BARRETT, Hawkeye(Michael)  

RSS
Billi Jo Morgan OWC
(@billi-jo-morgan-owc)

Kia Ora, anyone have more information on the Barrett whanau. I am a descendant of the Barrett whanau. My father is the son of the late, Jock Morgan and Amokura Kapinga. Marae information that i know of are: Papakai, Otukau, Hia Kaitupeka and Kauriki.

Posted : 14 February, 2006 6:39 pm
trevholloway OWC
(@trevholloway-owc)

Kia Ora my brother-in-law is a Barrett I'm not sure of his marae etc but I know alot of his whanau lives in TeKuiti he will be coming to melbourne in november but if you want more information before then I will be more than happy to get it for you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 October, 2006 1:50 pm
Charlotte Rangi Ngapera OWC
(@charlotte-rangi-ngapera-owc)

Kia Ora Billie Jo Morgan, I knew a Kaumatua named Rehi Barrett, she married Paddy Barrett (unsure if this was his nick name or not). I can only remember some of their children, they were Hazel, Lillian, Bob, Willie and Harry, thats all I can remember. I know that Hazels children stay in Mangere East. You mentioned Kaitepeka Pa which is situated in Taringamotu the main town being Taumaranui. I hope this was of some help.

Good Luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2008 9:15 pm
MTurua OWC
(@mturua-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora, anyone have more information on the Barrett whanau. I am a descendant of the Barrett whanau. My father is the son of the late, Jock Morgan and Amokura Kapinga. Marae information that i know of are: Papakai, Otukau, Hia Kaitupeka and Kauriki.

Tena koe

My mothers name is Katie Mamaeroa Barrett who is the eldest of 16 your grandfather Jock being the second eldest. They were brought up by Harry and Mamaeroa Morgan at Otukou, a beautiful little marae at the foot of Tongariro. And if my memory is right, Jock has two familes and your dad Ginger was from the first with a brother we know as Beau. Also if my memory is correct, I am your fathers first cousin and it would be lovely to find out more about our cousins. Cant even remember the last time I saw them but I know it was in Auckland. Wait to hear from you. Mitareta

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2008 2:59 pm
Share: