Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

BROTT, George: Whakapapa information  

RSS
ahubbard OWC
(@ahubbard-owc)

Tena koutou katoa.ko adrian hubbard toku ingoa.george brott is my great great grandfather.his daughter emma,married harry walter hubbard,of whom are my great grandparents.i am looking for information about my whakapapa.looking at finding out what my waka,maunga,iwi,moana,etc are.it is my understanding that we are from ngati pukenga desent,and our marae is whetu o te rangi but am not sure.if any one can help me with my journey in regards to knowledge,or knowing who i can contact,i would be very greatful.
kia ora
adrianhubbard@hotmail.com

Posted : 16 May, 2005 10:45 pm
seadog OWC
(@seadog-owc)

Tena koe Adrian, ko Josi Pitman ahau, am just wondering if its the same person. My great grandfathers name was George Brott. We have been unable to find any info on his wife but we know that she came from Ngati Pukenga. George Brott had a daughter Matilda, who was my grandmother.Not sure if this is of any help.
seadog53@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2005 10:22 pm
Tanya Brott OWC
(@tanya-brott-owc)

Tena Korua, Adrian and Josi. George Brott married Kawhena Te Moananui aka Kitty Moore aka Wikitoria Moore of Ngati Pukenga descent. She is buried at the homestead at Tamaterau in Whangarei. It has been a while since I went there but the couple who lived there had a copy of a photo of George William. The photo of Kawhena was given to my mother and myself, we passed this on to Aunty Wikitoria Kake to be gifted to Whetu o te Rangi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 June, 2005 5:58 pm
Korks OWC
(@korks-owc)

Kia ora Adrian, koutou ko Josi ko Tanya.. George Brott and Kawhena Te Moananui are tipuna of mine and yes we are Ngati Pukenga. Adrian we have Ngati Pukenga reunions every couple of years. I will keep your email address and contact you when the next one is advertised. Kawhena and my great grandmother were sisters. Nga mihi, Whakarongotai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 September, 2005 9:27 pm
julz26 OWC
(@julz26-owc)

hi this is tui sinclair nee pitman is their anyway i can email u some info i have which you would find quite interesting about the brott whanau it actually goes back to john jack brott who married ann elizabeth obrien which makes them my great great grandparents i live in kalgoorlie western australia so if u would like a copy please let me know

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2006 12:31 am
Te Rapu OWC
(@te-rapu-owc)

Tena koutou katoa to all the whanau out there, ko Naphelia Brown (nee Pitman) toku ingoa, ko Tame me Tiria toku tupuna, ko William me Te Rapu Tui (Cis) Pitman (nee Wellington) toku maatua. Adrian where do you live? Hope the next Ngati Pukenga reunion is soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2006 2:57 pm
Share: