Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

BROWN, Henareta  

Page 1 / 2 Next
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Wanting to find the whakapapa of my nanny Henareta Brown.
She was married to Hakere Brown of Manaia, Coromandel and their daughter Te Kaahuoterangi Ripeka Brown was my grandmother.

Edited by - wyllie on Apr 30 2005 6:54:57 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 April, 2005 6:03 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano wyllie,

Can you give us the maiden name of your nanny as that may help others to awhi you

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 May, 2005 10:13 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

I'm sorry the records I have only name my nanny Henareta. I think she was from Manaia Coromandel and married my great grandfather Hakere Brown.
If there are any Brown's from Manaia that might be able to link to my great grandfather Hakere. His brothers were Karena, Barney and Te Haeata and her had a sister called Ripeka.
My papa Te Haeata was known as Sailor Brown.
Can anyone help Te Aroha

Edited by - wyllie on May 13 2005 10:49:22 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 May, 2005 6:19 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano wyllie,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put Hakere in the firstname, Brown in the Lastname and set the country to New Zealand you will find a couple of records for your Great Great Grandfather, including his marriage, but no last name there for Henareta!

Note, not all records are accurate at the familysearch site.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 May, 2005 12:58 pm
Pita OWC
(@pita-owc)

KIA ORA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 May, 2005 5:37 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Gallion where are you from? My mother's from
Manaia and my father Te Kuiti. I'm closely related to the Brown's, Renata, Williams and Leef.
Any relation at all. Te Aroha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2005 10:47 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Thanks Poutokomanawa your information was very helpful.

Edited by - wyllie on May 14 2005 2:06:32 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2005 10:51 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Still waiting to hear from Gallion. I received a great email from Deahne Coulter. Thanks.
Calling all Brown's-can anyone help please.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2005 1:20 am
Leahw
(@leahw)

Hello Wyllie, Are you related to the Takinui/Williams. Our marae is Kenana.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 May, 2005 11:00 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Leah- that's a good question. I have a Uncle called Rubber Williams and my aunty Rosie Renata lived across the road from the old church house.
My papa was Sailor Brown, he lived on Manaia road. His son Tate Brown was a first cousin to my mum. I spent most of my life in Goldfields, Tikouma and Coromandel.
My mother was Titipaekau Tutonu known as Diddy to her whanau.
Does that information shed any light. I'm clutching at straws here. Home is so far and yet so near via the internet.

Kia ora
Naku Noa

Edited by - wyllie on May 28 2005 4:29:42 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2005 4:28 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

Our family Takinui/Williams are closely related to the Browns, Tipene & Henare's from Kaitaia way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 May, 2005 2:24 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

I'm sorry. I should have mentioned a little about my family. My grandfather is Wainga Wiremu, Takinui. His marae is Kenana. I only know of 2 brothers and 1 sister of his, but they have different surnames. 1st brother Joe Henare, Margaret Henare & Hape/Chappy Williams. My grandmother is Ngaro Mereana Tipene. Her marae is Oturu. I'm still trying to find out info about her.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 May, 2005 3:03 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Thanks for your comments Leah. My mum's cousin married a Williams from Te Ngire Bay near Kaiata.
We called her MAMA and she was a Brown by birth.
That could be the connection through marriage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2005 1:07 am
Soni OWC
(@soni-owc)

Kia ora leah,I think you will find that nans maiden name was Popata from Oturu.
Nice to see the whanau has someone keeping up with the knowledge,take care cousin.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 November, 2005 3:50 pm
Jillian OWC
(@jillian-owc)

quote:

I'm sorry the records I have only name my nanny Henareta. I think she was from Manaia Coromandel and married my great grandfather Hakere Brown.
If there are any Brown's from Manaia that might be able to link to my great grandfather Hakere. His brothers were Karena, Barney and Te Haeata and her had a sister called Ripeka.
My papa Te Haeata was known as Sailor Brown.
Can anyone help Te Aroha

Edited by - wyllie on May 13 2005 10:49:22 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 April, 2006 5:53 pm
Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register