Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

BROWN, Kathleen/ Kathrine?  

RSS
Lorraine OWC
(@lorraine-owc)

Looking for whanau of Kathleen or Kathrine Brown who gave birth to my Mum Averal Pearl Brown August 1932 in Napier H.B.Mum was whangai at 6 weeks to Thomas William and Elsie Adele Timms, a Pakeha couple from Hastings. They were a beautiful couple & gave my Mum the best upbringing,but unfortunately would`nt tell her much about her birth mother. All we know at this stage is the name on her birth certificate, which leaves out the fathers name.Story goes he was Pakeha & married. And even though they loved each other, his religion (Catholic) prevented him from divorcing his wife. My Mum remembers ,as a young child a couple who used to watch her at play.We don`t know what happened to them after that.Thomas & Elsie also had another whangai child Tony Timms (birth name Donald Pohio)He was lucky and found his Whanau. We would appreciate any information so we can fill the big hole in our heart.On my Mums birth certificate it said Kathleen came from Nelson

Edited by - Lorraine on Mar 31 2007 5:12:18 PM

Posted : 26 February, 2007 10:24 pm
Share: