Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Brown Robert  

RSS
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

I would like to find out any information about my tupuna Robert Brown. He married my nanny Pongarauhine Toheriri from Mahia about 1845. My koro Tame Paraone brought our nanny's whakapapa to Manaia in 1875.

My tupuna Robert Brown might be a pakeha. I don't know for sure. Can anyone help.

Posted : 13 November, 2005 7:23 pm
Meihana
(@meihana)

Kia Ora,I'm interested in Pongarauhine's whakapapa as to how she would be connected to my mother Janet Heneti Mateharangi (Toheriri) married name Thow.

You write of your Koro taking it to manaia in 1875 is this still around?

If so how can i obtain a copy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 October, 2006 2:39 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

I would like to find out any information about my tupuna Robert Brown. He married my nanny Pongarauhine Toheriri from Mahia about 1845. My koro Tame Paraone brought our nanny's whakapapa to Manaia in 1875.

My tupuna Robert Brown might be a pakeha. I don't know for sure. Can anyone help.

Kia ora Wylie,

Have had a request from Doris. she is wanting info on her koro Tame Paraone.

Lost her email, so had to post the info on maori.org.
4 Doris PARAONE/GERRARD.

You might be able to help her.

Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2007 9:30 am
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Kia ora Ira.
Dear Doris
Sorry for the delay,I've been home in Manaia and found lots to share. Yes there is a copy of our whakapapa. My contact was my cousin in Wellington- the book is titled Sailor Brown.
He was a brother to my great grandfather Hakere Brown. If you want the genealogy contact me direct and I'll advise as to what to do next.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 March, 2007 6:42 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Just another thought Doris. Do you live anywhere near Thames ? The Ngati Maru Office is a great place to visit.
The phone number is in the book. Please touch base.

Edited by - wyllie on Mar 22 2007 6:47:11 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 March, 2007 6:45 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Just another thought Doris. Do you live anywhere near Thames ? The Ngati Maru Office is a great place to visit.
The phone number is in the book. Please touch base.

Edited by - wyllie on Mar 22 2007 6:47:11 PM

Kia ora Wyllie,

Did Doris get in contact with you?

Arohamai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2007 4:52 am
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

No sorry, she didn't, perhaps she's off line

Edited by - wyllie on May 20 2007 10:40:36 PM

Edited by - wyllie on May 20 2007 10:42:00 PM

ReplyQuote