Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

CLOUGH, Robinson and Mary Kate Grant  

RSS
Cloughsinoz OWC
(@cloughsinoz-owc)

Hello, I am in Australia and am trying to find information about my family. My grandmother is the daughter of Abner Robert Clough (born Little River 1887). Abner Robert was the son of Robinson Clough and Mary Kate Grant. Robinson was the son of Abner(Amure) Robinson Clough (1839-1910) and Ellen Regan. Abner (Amure) was the son of James Robinson Clough and Puai.
My great grandfather (Abner Robert) came to Australia from New Zealand in the early 1900s and lost contact with his family. We have never been able to find out why he left NZ.
We are particularly keen to see any family photos and any information anyone can supply us with.
Many thanks,

Posted : 12 May, 2007 6:30 am
Akaroa
(@akaroa)

Kiaora koe

Heya, my great great grand father was Herbert lee Clough, Robinson cloughs youngest brother.

What exactly are you lookin for ? dont wanna rave on about thing that you already know.

I have plenty of whakpapa from Abner robert back, and a few photos which another member ( nannaree )posted me

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2007 12:06 am
Akaroa
(@akaroa)

eerps, posted prematurely...

anyhow, so you should send her a message,you obv havnt searched this site much or you wouldve contacted us already..eh? have you contacted Te runanga o ngai tahu to enroll as a member.
If you havnt then you will not have received the march 2006 issue of te panui runaka which has a photo on the back of Abner roberts little bro, Patrick christopher huia clough an lill sis gladys kathleen clough.
Anyhow, good to hear from another long lost rellie,are you coming home any time soon? fire back any q's that you like.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2007 12:19 am
Cloughsinoz OWC
(@cloughsinoz-owc)

Thanks for responding to the "feeler" I put out there for information. Basically, we know little about my great grandfather Abner Robert Clough's family. We know he had a falling out of some kind with his father (Robinson) and moved to Australia cutting off all contact. We would like to know what Abner Robert did wrong.
My Grandmother (Abner Robert's daughter) is now 84 and desperately wants to know her family history. Basically all we know is that Abner Robert was a son of Robinson Clough, grandson of Abner Robinson and great grandson of James Robinson Clough. I would love to be able to tell my Gran more about her father's family, for example how many brothers and sisters he had, about Robinson and his wife, about Abner Robinson and James Robinson. You mentioned you had some photos. My Gran has just the one photo of her father. I'd love to be able to show her any you could send me.
Many thanks

quote:

Kiaora koe

Heya, my great great grand father was Herbert lee Clough, Robinson cloughs youngest brother.

What exactly are you lookin for ? dont wanna rave on about thing that you already know.

I have plenty of whakpapa from Abner robert back, and a few photos which another member ( nannaree )posted me

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2007 12:25 am
Akaroa
(@akaroa)

Hey...check ya private mesge box, Ive sent you my email...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2007 12:45 am
Wendy57
(@wendy57)

Hello my name is Wendy and I have just received my DNA results from Ancestry. I am also related to the Clough's in NZ but I am unable to find out how as they do not show up in my family tree. From what I can work out through my shared matches is that it is likely on my father's side so I suspect either his father is not really his father or my grandfather is not really my grandfather. My grandmother was born in Urana so grew up in the Wagga area then moved to Parkes. In trying to work out who could be the link the only person on my matches tree that was in Australia is Abner Robert Clough who lived in Australia. Do you have any  information on his early life here in Australia. Thanks 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 January, 2019 11:03 am
Share: