Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

CROSS Valerie Rita  

RSS
mjduncan OWC
(@mjduncan-owc)

I am trying to find information about my grandmother who is from Kawakawa. Any relevant information about her history, family connections etc, and/or any information about the Cross Family would be well received, thank you.

Posted : 09 November, 2005 1:02 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe Michelle,

I'm guessing your probably are a descendant of Henare Te Rangi Cross.
Henare Te Rangi Cross had 16 issue that I know of, from his 2 wives. Are you able to tell me who your grandmother's parents are?
The Cross whanau are originally from the Bay of Islands.
Notably Henare was affiliated to the Nga Puhi sub-tribes of Ngati Rahiri, Ngati Kawa & Te Ngare Raumati. I am affiliated to Te Ngare Raumati through whakapapa.
Look forward to your response.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 November, 2005 12:15 am
mjduncan OWC
(@mjduncan-owc)

Kia ora Hohaia
I am an adopted child now 38 and have only a small amount of information. My search to date has stopped at my grandparents and I don't have my great grandparents details. I have such a strong desire to connect with my natural/maori family, also the history of my background that I don't have. I could request my grandmothers birth certificate would that help you? Many thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 November, 2005 8:33 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora ano,

I'll see what info I can find on your grand-parents in particular Valerie Rita Cross. Are you able to email or PM me any further info on grand-parents please?
Henare Te Rangi Cross was of maori blood through his mother, Mere Ngamarara, and european through his father, Henry Cross. There is a small road named after him over in Paihia [Bay of Islands]. Mere Ngamarara is herself a descendant of a great Nga Puhi tohunga, Te Kemara. The Cross and Joyce families have strong family connections and still reside throughout the Bay of Islands.
I look forward to your reply.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 November, 2005 10:39 pm
katyg OWC
(@katyg-owc)

Im also looking for the cross family
Katy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 August, 2006 2:22 pm
mohingston
(@mohingston)

Hi my name is Moana my aunty was Valarie. You say you were adopted do you know your birth parent name Aunty Val had heaps of kids

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 September, 2007 4:54 pm
Share: