Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

DAVIES / REWETI - FROM WHAKAPARA, NORTHLAND  

RSS
renabelz OWC
(@renabelz-owc)

I am currently doing my family whakapapa and have come to a halt on my maori side. I am looking for ANY members of the family who can give me any bits of information to help me.

My whanau is the Pita Kino Davies or Reweti originally from the Great Barrier but migrated to Whakapara (Northland) just north of Whangarei.

PLEASE CONTACT ME.

Renee.

Posted : 06 April, 2007 1:19 am
ryna1906 OWC
(@ryna1906-owc)

Kia ora Renee,

I know Pita Kino davies, His son is Phil Gibson who is married to my mothers sister. I will endeavour to get some more information for you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2007 10:40 am
horigee OWC
(@horigee-owc)

Hi there Renee,

My name is Rachel, and I am Horigees girlfriend living in Auckland. My grandfather was named after Pita Kino Davies (AKA Ngaronui Kino Reweti) I too am looking for where the family branched and headed back to the mainland.

My grandfathers birth name was Pito Hono Pita Kino, and the only son of five. When he went to go oversea (later in life) he went to obtain his passport and discovered that he was registered as Peter Davies. He currently resides in Katherines Bay (Motairehe) most of the year around.

His father was Te Ngaru also known as John West (born and bred Great Barrier Island) and his mother was from Tautoro known as Moeahi nee Hoey.

Te Ngaru was son of Ngapera and Pita Kino (cousins from Katherines Bay).

Pita Kino's parents were Kawhena (from GBI/Little Barrier Island) and it is debated to this day who the father was.

I would be keen to whakawhanaungatanga ki a tataou katoa....

My Grandfather married Alecia Jean nee Edwards (Eruera) from Maunu, Whangarei.

My mother was Shona nee Davies, she married Himiona Rapira (Tim) from Motuti, Hokianga.

Then me, Rachel.

An awful lot of detail. Sorry, and hoping for anyone to make contact with me in order to full out the blank spots in my own whakapapa.

cher cher
Peace
Rachel

(GBI) davies, reweti - kino , ngawaka, bayne, macgregor, hoey, ngatai etc
(Hokianga) rapira, hotere, abraham, morunga, te wake, etc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 July, 2007 5:07 pm
horigee OWC
(@horigee-owc)

Oh yeah, and I forgot to say.. that one of the ?fathers was Ngaronui Kino Reweti also known as Pita Kino.

cher cher

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 July, 2007 3:58 pm
Share: