Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

DICK, Susan  

RSS
maoriguy OWC
(@maoriguy-owc)

I am trying to locate my birth mother. All that I know of Susan is that she was from Mangaturoto and her Iwi is Ngapuhi and is Maori of Full Blood.
My name is Wayne Michael Melhuish as I changed my name.
Please if someone can help I would be greatful.

Posted : 11 July, 2005 3:11 pm
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Teena koe Maaoriguy.Try searching under name Riki from Pakanae,Hokianga.Some carry that as a whanau while the majority prefer the name Dick.If you know of a Frano Botica.His mothers maiden name was Mata Dick from Hokianga.
I hope this information is of some help.
Blessings!
Na,Wi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 July, 2005 12:50 am
benji OWC
(@benji-owc)

hi maori guy i know a susan dick but need to know about how old she is and how old are you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 July, 2005 3:10 pm
Iri Whatia Morgan OWC
(@iri-whatia-morgan-owc)

Hi maori guy
Know of Dick whanau of Pakanae - related to Rangatira Moetara & Pairama whanau lines which are also mine
Like Benji, need more specific info to offer more help. Met part of this Dick whanau who were raised in Palmerston North/Fielding area

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 July, 2005 9:42 pm
benji OWC
(@benji-owc)

quote:

I am trying to locate my birth mother. All that I know of Susan is that she was from Mangaturoto and her Iwi is Ngapuhi and is Maori of Full Blood.
My name is Wayne Michael Melhuish as I changed my name.
Please if someone can help I would be greatful.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 July, 2005 9:24 pm
platinummaori OWC
(@platinummaori-owc)

Kia ora maori guy
I of the dick whanau in Dargaville which if you do not know is not far from Mangaturoto and as far as I know they are Nga Puhi.
sorry I dont have numbers for you.

I hope this will help
Go in with Peace

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 August, 2005 3:13 pm
missluvtoi OWC
(@missluvtoi-owc)

hi there ... i like the rest of these people am also related to the Riki (Dick) whanau ... there was a Susan Dick ... she was married to Davis ... but she has passed on ... she would have been in her late 60s possibly early 70s by now ... she was a red head ... she was pretty close to my dads whanau ... (im not to sure if this is the same lady that you are looking for though) ... if it is ... im sorry to be the bearer of bad news ... however ... my ex mother in law also had a sister by the name of Susan Dick that is now living in Australia ... have you got any idea how old the one you are searching for is?

if you would like me to put you in contact with them ... thats fine ... just let me know

Edited by - missluvtoi on Nov 11 2005 9:19:03 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2005 9:12 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Kia ora,
Susan Hemoata Dick: [b] 25.10.1926

Married= William Katuhi Ngakuru.
= Ivan Joyce
daughter in whanau of *17*
Mother Ngataiara Riki Dick.

May be the one?????

Pi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2006 9:12 pm
kimmy OWC
(@kimmy-owc)

Kia ora Whanau. I am a Dick from Pakanae correctly described by earlier author as being of the same descent as the Moetara and Pairama whanau. I would suggest to go to the Latter Day Saints website under family search, put an approximate year in and see what they have recorded under her as far as births, marriages and deaths as they hold millions of baptismal records etc. from across denominations.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 September, 2006 1:30 pm
sweet pee OWC
(@sweet-pee-owc)

me name is susan me ph no 0210371169

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 November, 2006 10:47 am
Share: