Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

EDWARDS: from Ahipara  

kotiro OWC
(@kotiro-owc)

I thought I was my father's eldest child, but someone told me that I have an older half brother. My father's name was Ray Edwards ("Dummy") now deceased, born in 1931. Because I am very much in to whakapapa and family, I would dearly like to meet this person. I am from a family of 6 (4 girls and 2 boys).

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 10:17:49 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2004 11:35 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora Kotiro

I know how you feel I to thought that I was the eldest child of my
fathers but unfortunately my father had two other children to which me and my siblings didnt know. We also had 4 girls and 2 boys.
so keep on looking for your brother because like me with persistance
when you finally find him you will feel complete and that feeling is
so wonderful .
Kia kaha, kia manawa nui

Na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 November, 2004 3:05 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Kotiro

Maybe you could try the Te Rarawa site as they have a whakapapa service and may be able to help you.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 November, 2004 3:24 pm
kotiro OWC
(@kotiro-owc)

Kia ora korua mo nga kupu awhina.

I did look up the Te Rarawa site and posted the message of not only the above, but that I was also wishing to discover my father's side as I was brought up by my maternal grandparents since I was a baby (now 45).

I did get a reply from someone pointing me in the direction of my father's sister's son (my cousin) - so will let you know the outcome of that a.s.a.p.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 November, 2004 12:12 pm
FarNorth OWC
(@farnorth-owc)

hhhmmm i think i may be able to help you Kotiro... i live in ahipara and my mums whanau are Edwards aka Eruwera and i live right next door to our whanau home where all of my great ants and uncles(.. grandmother) were raised.. if we are talking about the same whanau we might be related?.. if you have more questions you can post in here or even email me at fore_shore_guy@hotmail.com.. anyways i hope you find what your looking for

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2004 8:09 pm
wainamunroe OWC
(@wainamunroe-owc)

Maybe you can call this number I found in the Northland Phone Book. It is of a R Edwards living in Kaitaia, 09 408 0592. may your heart be contented.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2005 8:30 pm
material OWC
(@material-owc)

isn't this a awesome site.
kia ora te whanau, just wondering if you may have a Pani Edwards (or Eruiti)on your line. born in the middle of the 1800's maybe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 12:56 am
HINE EDWARDS OWC
(@hine-edwards-owc)

Kia Ora
I am interested to know if i would whakapapa to the Far North Edwards Whanau - Hurihanga Waikerepuru - I live in Inglewood, Taranaki
Hinemaire Edwards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2007 1:20 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora

Ae I am interested if you have a pat or pateriki edwards and tamara edwards may have born in the 1800's or thereabouts from kawhia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2007 2:27 pm

Working

Please Login or Register