Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Fenton/Manukau whakapapa  

RSS
Rocky Fenton
(@rocky-fenton)

Kia Ora

I'm trying to start my whakapapa by finding my father's family first who are from Helensiville/Huapai/Rewiti.
I don't know much of the Fenton side because we grew up with my mum's side of the family which are the Maihi/Marsh & Harris's. I only know my Father's sibling's and there children.

From the land records that I've got I think my great gandfather's name was Tureimaka Netana Penetana/Tony Fenton or Tony Nathan & then my grandad who is Nathan Fenton/Nathan Patu Fenton or otherwise known as Ned Fenton/Penetana? He married my grandmother Margaret Manukau who passed away last year.
They had 10 children and raised them in there family home in Huapai on Trigg rd there names are: Brenda, Sammy, Robert, Bowman, Hira, Lani, Arthur, Ned, Moira, & Dennis.
The records i have say they have land in Whenuanui? I'm not sure where this place is but I think it may be in the Helensville area. I do know that my grandfather is buried in Rewiti and my grandmother is buried in awapouwa. I'd also like to find out more of my grandmother's side too I know she has ties with the Apanui whanau and the Paikia whanau too. My nan has alot of whanau in Kaiwaka but I dont know where or who they are.

There is a list of names which may be my great grandfathers brothers and sisters which are:

agnes patu fenton - f
dorothey patu fenton -f
john patu fenton - m
mary patu fenton - f
nathan patu fenton - m
rangi patu fenton - f
robert patu fenton - m
samuel patu fenton - m
ture patu fenton m
tureimaka netana penetan/ tony fenton or tony nathan -m

My father's name is Hira Gregory Fenton my mother is Deli(kathleen) Maihi and her Mother is Celia Harris from Motukaraka and my grandfather is Heremaia also known as Jerry Marsh/Maihi from Pokotai/Tautoro.

If there is anyone out there who can help me with my whakapapa I would really like to hear from you. I do apologise if any of this information I've put on here is wrong but it is all i have at the moment.

Thanks

Rocky

Posted : 11 December, 2006 9:41 pm
Maureen Fenton OWC
(@maureen-fenton-owc)

Kia Ora Rocky

I married a Fenton from Rewiti and your grandfather is my husbands uncle. You can email me directly and i will try to point you in the right direction.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 December, 2006 3:38 pm
joanna OWC
(@joanna-owc)

Hi there Rocky
Your gandmother and my mother Maryanne were sisters. Your grandmother has 2 brothers who are still alive to-day who live in Helesville. My mother now lives in Henderson Auckland. Your grandmother was buried in Arapaoa a place where her and her siblings all grew up. There is many a story that can be told of your grandmother and grandfather and all quite funny. Brenda died many years ago a very young woman at the age of 20. Lani lives in Whangarei, Moira is in Rotorua, Sam and Hira are in Australia, Bobby is in Auckland and the rest of the brothers are in Whangarei. You have such a big family and I am sure it won't take you long to catch up with them all. When I was a little girl we use to all go to Trigg Rd Huapai for visits. Uncle Neds family are still in the surrounding area of Reweti. If you want to contact me or one of your uncles and aunties just email me on j.huru@xtra.co.nz Love to you from the whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2006 5:50 am
Rocky Fenton
(@rocky-fenton)

Hi thanks for that info my dad is Hira. I know where all my dad's brother's and sister's live it's dad's cousins that I would like to meet and get to know. I not sure but I met a aunty at nans tangi in Arapaoa and her name was Joanne... not sure but could that have been you??? I had my uncle come from oz and he stayed with me his name is Alex and his dad is papa London I think it's nan's brother and I know she has another one named Mossey?? Do you know uncle Alex? I live in Papatoetoe and would like to meet more of my cousin's which I have had a few of them come on to my BEBO site and ask who I am. Do you know a man named Simon Patu Fenton? I think he is grandad's brother.

Thank for all your info you don't know how much it means to me.

Aroha nui
Rocky and whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2006 8:57 pm
joanna OWC
(@joanna-owc)

quote:

Hi thanks for that info my dad is Hira. I know where all my dad's brother's and sister's live it's dad's cousins that I would like to meet and get to know. I not sure but I met a aunty at nans tangi in Arapaoa and her name was Joanne... not sure but could that have been you??? I had my uncle come from oz and he stayed with me his name is Alex and his dad is papa London I think it's nan's brother and I know she has another one named Mossey?? Do you know uncle Alex? I live in Papatoetoe and would like to meet more of my cousin's which I have had a few of them come on to my BEBO site and ask who I am. Do you know a man named Simon Patu Fenton? I think he is grandad's brother.

Thank for all your info you don't know how much it means to me.

Aroha nui
Rocky and whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 December, 2006 5:47 am
joanna OWC
(@joanna-owc)

Hi there Rocky
So Hira is your dad well fancy that. Yes I'm the aunty that you met up there but i apologise I can't remember who I met at nans tangi there were so many new faces especially with all Aunty Margarets grandchildren. I know I have been introduced to many of my cousins kids but when one meets all of them at the same time it's hard to remember who is who. How nice it is to meet again and yes we will catch up and I will introduce you to all your other cousins. After the xmas period we will catch up and I will come out your way and perhaps then I can bring you out this way to meet a few of your cousins and more on Waiheke Island. Now that could be interesting for you too. Everyone is scattered and all working but i know I can arrange for you all to meet. Your father uncles and aunties all know aunty maryanne, Bow was named after my father. Keep in touch OK? I'm off to waiheke for xmas and wellington for new years, so you have a great xmas ok? By the way can you send me your phone number and address? If I am out that way I'll ring you so we can catch up.
All that Aroha is coming your way.

Aunty Joanna and Whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 December, 2006 6:08 am
Maureen Fenton OWC
(@maureen-fenton-owc)

hey there Rocky

I think it's about time this whanau had a reunion.
My father in law is Anthony Simon Patu Fenton and he is your grandfather's brother, i believe. He passed away just under a year ago.
Would be great to catch up with you as you live very close to where all my children live. They would all be your cousins and i know they would love to meet up with you and get to know you. Sadly they too do not know too many of their cousins.
forgot to post my Email address last time it is
mfent001@igrin.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2006 2:08 pm
Rocky Fenton
(@rocky-fenton)

Hi Maureen
Your so right in saying we need to have a reuion! And like your children we don't know much of our cousins either that is why I'm doing my whakapapa. I've got a bebo page and I've meet a joey and another person on there who know you.

I have a older sister here in Manurewa Lena is her name and she'd be likely to come along once xmas and nu yea is over. I'll email you all my contact details along with my address then we can set something up when you have time. I've seen a picture of your father inlaw on bebo and he looks just like my father's brother! Funny how strong the genes are in the fenton whanau a.

I wish you and your whanau a safe xmas and a blessing New Yeah may all your dreams come tru.

Aroha Nui
Rocky & whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2006 8:40 pm
Maureen Fenton OWC
(@maureen-fenton-owc)

Tena Koe Rocky

Nice to meet another nephew.
I will tell my children to have a look at Bebo and get the address off Joey, who is my niece.
Look forward to meeting you and your whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 December, 2006 9:57 am
Share: