Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

FITZGERALD, Tai Laurence: Looking for my biological Dad.  

RSS
exqwsit OWC
(@exqwsit-owc)

Hello,
Reading thru this site it has given me the inspiration to try and help
my husband find his biological father.
The only thing we know about him is his name and the area he lives in.
His name is Tai Laurence Fitzgerald of Wanganui.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by - exqwsit on Mar 08 2005 11:06:58 PM

Posted : 08 March, 2005 9:48 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora exqwsit,

I had a search around and found the post that you did in 2001 at another site, so it is good to see that you have found the inspiration to try again It may be a long journey, but I know you realise that!

At the moment I can only give you a couple of suggestions.

Firstly you could go to http://www.whitepages.co.nz and put Fitzgerald in the surname, Wanganui in the Location and you will come up with 8 results. You could try contacting them.

http://www.tki.org.nz/e/community/calendar.php?month=2005-2 is another site you could try. Scroll down for the Rangitāne Waitangi Day Festival 2005 and the contact person there is a Fitzgerald. I suggest this one because the area is close.

Is there any other information you could tell us? For example a rough idea of age? Is the Wanganui where he is from, or where he lived? If it was where he lived, maybe a rough idea of when would be good.

Good luck and kia kaha - be strong

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 March, 2005 3:01 am
exqwsit OWC
(@exqwsit-owc)

Kia ora Poutokomanawa,
Thank you for your reply, the white pages is one avenue that I have looked at the other I will be ringing that one as well.
Unfortunitely the name and the location are the only things that we have got to go by at this stage, I am going home back to NZ to see my whanau
and I will call into Hamilton to see my mother in law to see if she could tell us anything more.
Once again thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 March, 2005 7:16 pm
exqwsit OWC
(@exqwsit-owc)

I have been able to get a bit more information,
not alot Tai Fitzgerald was born between 1935-1939 not sure on the exact date but he would be about 65-70ish or so give or take a few years.
He lived in Wellington between 1957-1961.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 March, 2005 10:47 pm
Share: