Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

FLORES, Aussie (Rarotonga)  

RSS
John Archer OWC
(@john-archer-owc)

(I received this email, and I am posting it here for Aussie Flores.
John Archer)

Hi there, I was a seaman out of Auckland on te pai "Maui Pomare."
I turned 21 at Avarua 21/6/51, settled in with the Kaitara-Pupuke family, a well known song and dance troop at the time, learned a lot of ribald ditties and a fair understanding of Rarotongan.

I seek news of my family if after 55 years anybody remembers them, also news of two Maori singers, George Tumahi and Sista Edna. Also song known then as Tiare Tahiti. The theme went "Ua aro te papiho, [hoiho] te fa aro te vaihine ia a te vaihine rua au." The punch line was "tupu te ruki."

Best Regards A.J.Flores.

I was known then as "Matangi" = Windy = talked too much.

Posted : 17 July, 2006 9:42 am
akwardt OWC
(@akwardt-owc)

Kaitara Pupuke was my grandfather, had 12 children, and whangai 4 of his sister's children. He has family in Australia - (Gold Coast, Sydney) Rarotonga and Lower Hutt.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 February, 2008 10:52 pm
Share: