Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

FLUERTY( Flutey) , John . Married PUHA , Mereana  

Nora Flutey OWC
(@nora-flutey-owc)

Kia ora, please to anyone I am Looking for more information on John Fluerty(Flutey) & his Wife Mereana(Merehana) Puha , and their family connections , Roots, My Grandfather was Ripini Waipapa Flutey , My Father is William Oxley amd my mother is Rebecca Tahatu Payne. Great Grandfather Charles Flutey who married Amelia Anne Crane .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 May, 2005 11:14 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Nora Flutey,

If you make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club and click on full search then search for Puha you will find a couple of people with that surname - they may be able to help you, likewise, there is a person with the Surname Flutey listed also.

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put Puha in the last name, you will find whanau records, including one for Merehana Puha. You need to be aware though that not all records in this site are accurate.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 May, 2005 11:10 pm
Mozzie OWC
(@mozzie-owc)

Tena koe Nora,

Hine Te Wai (Hinetara)=Tutemakohu
|
Puhau(Merehana Puha)=John Joseph Fluerty (Flutey)

I have more whakapapa from Hine Te Wai up to Rakinui and Papatuanuku compiled by P.D.Garven in July 1994 - He Kai Tahu Whakapapa. Plus owners list for Rowallan Block XIV Section 1 including a Charles John Flutey.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 May, 2005 10:27 pm
Huirapa
(@huirapa)

Kia ora Nora, if you ring Whakapapa Ngai Tahu on 08005248248 they have Merehana Puha whakapapa in their files along with other interesting facts. Well worth visiting them but at least ring them.
Heoi ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2005 3:55 pm
terehi OWC
(@terehi-owc)

I visited the Paua House in Bluff back in 1996 - it was owned by Mr.& Mrs. FLUTEY (both dec'd) who'd have had whakapapa connection to you. I think their daughter was a Mrs.Henderson? I don't know if it is still in family hands but they had good knowledge of that whakapapa.#

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 January, 2006 2:55 pm
kainga family OWC
(@kainga-family-owc)

John Flutey Merehana's husband (my ggggg grandfather) came from australia.

His parents were Charles flutey and Mary ann griigs, daughter of Sarah griggs.

Both Sarah griggs and Charles flutey were convicts sent from england to australia.

Want more info or have more to share on our line, please email me at

angelakainga@hotmail.com

ta

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2007 8:20 am
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

Ooh to Kainga, my friend & collegue who is a Flutey, wont be happy to hear that her ancestor was a convict sent out to australia from england. She believes her tūpuna came from France & settled out at Akaroa marrying a Ngāi Tahu woman.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2007 9:32 pm

Working

Please Login or Register