Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Free website designing?  

RSS
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora whanau,

Have been searching the web to design a website, of course, it has to be FREE.

The websites that I have looked at and joined [to a point] have all given a method of payment. OK, I thought I clicked on FREE web designing.

Well, not thinking about it. The actually designing of the web is free but the .com, co.nz, org etc is what you have to pay for and the hosting [whatever that is].

My understanding of FREE is that it cost you nothing at all.

As the old saying goes, 'You get nothing for free these days'. Buggah! Oh well, I suppose ignorance equals blissfulness.

If I am going to pay I expect it to be a real good website, easy to use, easy for the customer, etc.

1.. Has anyone set up their own website?
2.. How much did it cost?
3.. Is there a real good web design website to check out?

Any help will be much appreciated as this website designing is all new to me.

Arohamai whanau

Edited by - Ira on Apr 25 2007 12:10:18 PM

Posted : 25 April, 2007 12:07 pm
VJ OWC
(@vj-owc)

It all depends on what your website is about.

The best place is freewebs.com. No you won't get your own domain name, you will get a subdomain but there are some great designs, it is easy to use especially if you don't know coding. Of course there are restrictions as in space, but its the best place I have come across. You can upgrade and to be honest with you, it is very good so it would be worth the money to upgrade.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 April, 2007 2:11 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

The best place is freewebs.com. No you won't get your own domain name, you will get a subdomain but there are some great designs, it is easy to use especially if you don't know coding. Of course there are restrictions as in space, but its the best place I have come across. You can upgrade and to be honest with you, it is very good so it would be worth the money to upgrade.

Kia ora VJ,

Will give it a go and thanks alot for that info much appreciated.

Arohamai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 April, 2007 3:16 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora VJ,

Is it possible for you to post the website address. Have looked at freeweb.com and I couldn't see anywhere on the site that indicates web designing.

Arohamai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 April, 2007 8:57 pm
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Which websites have you tried?

I've played with group pages at msn, yahoo, gmail & a real free website... thew community one where you get 10 free pages (websyte.com.au). Here are my links to view:

Rozita Leoni

Community Initiatives
- South Maroubra NSW 2035
- South Eastern Suburbs Peninsular RANDWICK CITY
- NZ Far far north - Turangawaewae o Ngati Kuri
communityinitiatives@hotmail.com

http://groups.msn.com/GardensonDeptofHousingDoHEstates
http://groups.msn.com/SouthMaroubraCommunityInitiativesGroup
http://groups.msn.com/CommunityInitiatives

Bringing Eastern Suburbs Together (BEST) Council
BEST_Council@hotmail.com

http://groups.msn.com/tenants2tenants

Maroubra & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc
mdccinc@hotmail.com

www.maroubrachamber.com

Ngati Kuri
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com

www.ngatikuri.tk

Maroubra Beach
maroubrabeachprecinct@yahoo.com.au

http://www.maroubrabeachprecinct.websyte.com.au/

easteventsnsw@gmail.com
http://groups.google.com.au/group/each-all-stronger-together/
Each & All Stronger Together - EAST
P O Box 42 S. Maroubra NSW 2035
Mob: 0416 141 040 Ph: 9326 2960 Fax: 9362 0834

Edited by - ngati_kuri@hotmail.com on Apr 27 2007 12:14:01 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 12:11 am
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

I have also tried the free tribal page link here on the maori.org.nz website

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 12:16 am
VJ OWC
(@vj-owc)

www.freewebs.com

There are hundreds of designs to choose from. You can add blogs, photos and you can even have your own forum! Its even good for e-commerce (didn't try that part though as my site has to do with my family).
If your want it for a group msn is great or familylobby.com. They let you sign up members and those members can post their own stuff. Msn groups lack design where as familylobby lets you play with the design. Msn groups is much easier to use.

Hope that helps ya

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 12:47 am
Wananga OWC
(@wananga-owc)

Kia Ora whanau
Wananga here
Check out my website, you wont believe it
www.GWBeach.com
yep it is FREE to create and if you go there NOW you can have some FREE gifts from me
Kia ora 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 April, 2007 2:27 am
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

www.freewebs.com

There are hundreds of designs to choose from. You can add blogs, photos and you can even have your own forum! Its even good for e-commerce (didn't try that part though as my site has to do with my family).
If your want it for a group msn is great or familylobby.com. They let you sign up members and those members can post their own stuff. Msn groups lack design where as familylobby lets you play with the design. Msn groups is much easier to use.

Hope that helps ya

Kia ora VJ,

Thanks whanau, all sites will be looked at. Thanks heaps. Much appreciated.

Arohamai whanau

Arohamai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 April, 2007 12:03 pm
Share: