Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

GALLAGHER WHANAU FROM NGAWHA  

RSS
tamatea OWC
(@tamatea-owc)

Kia ora im trying to find my Ngapuhi roots. My grandfather was Henry Robert Gallagher and was from Ngawha. If you can help me learn my whakapapa to the area please reply.
Kia ora ano.

Posted : 22 February, 2007 1:00 pm
huriepbo@hotmail.com OWC
(@huriepbohotmail-com-owc)

Try asking someone from Rangipoint in the hokianga.,perhaps you could ask one of your whanaunga Mick Borell.,he is the chairman of the Waiparera Marae there in Rangipoint.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 April, 2007 6:35 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora im trying to find my Ngapuhi roots. My grandfather was Henry Robert Gallagher and was from Ngawha. If you can help me learn my whakapapa to the area please reply.
Kia ora ano.

Kia ora Tamatea,

Research information: Henare [Henry] Gallagher.

Dictionary of New Zealand Biography.

Bill and Henry Gallagher, who had invented farming devices since the 1920s, realised the potential for controlling animals using electricity while working on Henry’s motorcycle: when a horse wandered into the shed and brushed against their car, Bill connected the motorcycle’s magneto to a triggering device, which electrified the car and gave the horse a shock. About 1937 he made his first electric fence (using mains power) as a cheap, practical alternative to standard post, wire and batten fencing. He developed a battery-powered design because it was then illegal to use mains supply. By 1938 a proven market existed for the prototypes, which he had been selling locally, and two years later the family moved to Hamilton East,
Click on here to read more.
http://www.dnzb.govt.nz/dnzb/default.asp?Find_Quick.asp?PersonEssay=1P21

Maori land online search:
You searched for: henare Gallagher - 2 block(s) found.
Maungaturoto D1A and Others (Aggregated)
Rawhiti 6

Both landblocks in the Taitokerau rohe. So this could be your grandfather’s land.
You might need to email Maori Land Court and ask if you could have succession papers for Henare Gallagher. Who Henare received his land shares from. Usually has whakapapa on the succession papers.
[Lisa Pitman mlctaitokerau@justice.govt.nz]

Unclaimed maori land monies search:
No unclaimed land monies for the Gallagher whanau.

Unclaimed tax money search:
Gallagher Trust - $197.50
Gallagher, A - $260.00
Gallagher, F Estate - $8,036.19
Gallagher, M B - $2,881.52
Gallagher, Mr W W - $1,846.97

Google search for : Gallagher whanau.
http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLF,GGLF:1970-01,GGLF:en&q=gallagher+whanau

Maori.org search: Gallagher.
Gallagher (Snr), Jack, Sec. L, Gr# 24, Age: 31, bur. 1911

Family Search.org search:
Don’t know if this is any good? Results for: Henare Gallagher
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=ancestorsearchresults.asp

Hope you find something in ALL THIS?

Arohamai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2007 3:48 pm
Share: