Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Gentry, Catherine (looking for my connections)  

RSS
babyji2_2ruaz OWC
(@babyji2_2ruaz-owc)

Kia Ora Whānau,
I am looking for my grandmothers connections. Her name was Catherine Gentry from ngaruawaahia. She married my grandfather Eddie Barbarich. They had five children i believe my father eddie barbarich being one of the eldest. My grandparents moved to matawai and since then i have only one memory of ever returning to ngaruawaahia around 1986 for a family reunion at turangawaewae. Both my father and my grandmother have passed on and i had been looking for my father's tainui connections for some time, however dad was too sick to help me. If anyone has any information or advice on how to get some information please i am desperate to do this for my father.

Posted : 20 August, 2006 9:08 pm
MBCarlyonHonetana OWC
(@mbcarlyonhonetana-owc)

Kia Ora,
My grandmother is Vera May Gentry. She married my grandfather, Okeroa Harry Honetana. So she is buried in our Waitii Urupa in Tahuna near Morrinsville. I am not sure about her genealogy but I have a Paki Reunion book from the reunion that was at Turangawaewae in 1988. John Hone Kiripato Paki (8 June 1898 - 1 Jan 1962) married twice. Firstly he married Rebecca Jane Gentry. They had 13 children and she passed not long after the birth of the 13th child as she began to haemorrage. THere is a road built in her memory to Matakowhai by Dame Hilda Ross. Following her death John Kiripato Paki married her younger sister also a widow, Mary. She already had children and they had four more together.

Hope this helps and I can be emailed or messaged if I can do anything else? mcarlyon@waikato.ac.nz

Hei Kona
Martine Radidi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 September, 2006 1:03 pm
Share: