Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

GRACE, Aroha aka Peggy  

RSS
shilocat OWC
(@shilocat-owc)

Looking for any whanau who are related to the Grace Line. My grandmother's name Aroha/Peggy Grace Kerehi. Her father - Joseph Hohepa Riley Grace. Her Mother - Henni Karauna Puhipuhi (Jane Grace) My GGF's parents - Kerehi Paku Waiariki & Raiha Pohoi. I have just met Hugh Grace at my uncles tangi in October and would like to speak to any other whanau I have been trying to gather correct information. Tania

Posted : 16 November, 2007 8:30 pm
HONE PEPE OWC
(@hone-pepe-owc)

I met your mum when i came to Tamaki Makaurau.in 1963 we called her Lovey. she lived in Grafton rd then.she had been living in Auckland City for awhile. She scored my first flat for me not far from where she stayed,after i got me a job at heards lolly factory up in Parnel, my first job in the city.We stayed in contact for a couple of years and then she moved on until we met again in 1978 up in East Tamaki where a lot of Graces lived. I never saw her again. I visited your Grandad,Joe when he still with us. He lived in Flemming St Manurewa.Jackie his daughter sold the house when she went over to Oz.My dad was your mums first cousin. Aperahama Raniera Grace.Uncle Hugh is my dads brother.Ill always remember Aunty Lovey. no reira noho ora mai, cuz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 November, 2007 5:22 pm
shilocat OWC
(@shilocat-owc)

Hello, Thanks for posting a reply. Peggy/Lovey is my grandmother. I only met her a few times before she pasted away in Auckland in 1994.
I have a few photos if you would like me to email them through to you.

Again thanks for the update...
Tarn

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2007 7:49 am
moks OWC
(@moks-owc)

Kia ora
I would very much like to know where did the Graces orginate from as another has been searching for her line

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2008 4:47 pm
fionakay OWC
(@fionakay-owc)

quote:

Kia ora,my grandfathers name is Te Ahu Whenua Grace,his father is Te Oke Whare Grace.We are the same whanau.Luv to help.
Looking for any whanau who are related to the Grace Line. My grandmother's name Aroha/Peggy Grace Kerehi. Her father - Joseph Hohepa Riley Grace. Her Mother - Henni Karauna Puhipuhi (Jane Grace) My GGF's parents - Kerehi Paku Waiariki & Raiha Pohoi. I have just met Hugh Grace at my uncles tangi in October and would like to speak to any other whanau I have been trying to gather correct information. Tania

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2008 5:03 pm
ngati ki porirua OWC
(@ngati-ki-porirua-owc)

kia ora koutou
are we talking about the grace whanau from
Tuparoa?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2008 2:28 pm
shilocat OWC
(@shilocat-owc)

Kia ora

I think so? I have only just found out of my grandmothers side of the whanau late last year at my uncles tangi. That's why I am saying "I think so"? If any of the above names mean anything to you, I would really like to speak with you if possible?....

Tarn

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2008 9:21 am
shilocat OWC
(@shilocat-owc)

Kia ora

I think so? I have only just found out of my grandmothers side of the whanau late last year at my uncles tangi. That's why I am saying "I think so"? If any of the above names mean anything to you, I would really like to speak with you if possible?....

Tarn

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2008 9:21 am
dalmorton
(@dalmorton)

Hi! Shilocat, i too am searching for the Grace line,
my grandfather was Henry Thomas Grace from Waitara.
My gandmother was a Tate.
Dalmorton

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2008 9:48 pm
dalmorton
(@dalmorton)

Hi! Shilocat, i too am searching for the Grace line,
my grandfather was Henry Thomas Grace from Waitara.
My grandmother was a Tate.
Dalmorton

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2008 9:49 pm
ngati ki porirua OWC
(@ngati-ki-porirua-owc)

kia ora,
search Waiohenga Roeha/Taylor George in finding whanau a bit of info there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 February, 2008 7:07 pm
lovey OWC
(@lovey-owc)

Kia Ora my tipuna is a Grace, and I was present at a Grace reunion in 2005 in Tauranga although this was predominantly European as most of the Descendants Grace come from Thomas Samuel Grace he was a missionary who arrived here in NZ about 1860ish he and his wife arrived from England with a few children and then had the rest here in NZ altogether there were 13 children from what I could grasp from the reunion 4 of his children married Maori, my whanau are descendants from one of his children. Thomas Samuel was Married to Agnes Grace (nee Fearon) Thomas Samuel is buried at Tauranga where there is also a mission estate that has a littel history about him also and Agnes is buried in Nelson, there is also good reading in the book Tuwharetoa about his travels as a missionary and another book about him called "A driven man" Written by David grace Snr, this also makes reference to his name Te Kerehi the book is available here http://www.ngaiopress.com/grace.htm I was also able to get a booklet sent to me from the Author as I met him at the tauranga Reunion, that had all the children of Thomas Samuel in it and their connections around the motu with maoridom. I'll see if I can go home tonight and find it and find anything else. Hope this helps

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2008 3:49 pm
ourboy07 OWC
(@ourboy07-owc)

Kia ora whanau!! My father was Harry Grace of Tuparoa. His parents were Nehe aka Neff Grace and Lula Beach. My mother is a Keelan from Hiruharama/Whakapourangi/Whareponga. Dad died back in 2000 and is buried in Mihi Marino urupa down at Tup. His brothers and sisters include Sam, Kruge, Bert, Kino, May and Nancy. Church of LDS also has an extensive genealogy archive. Hey all the best!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2008 4:00 pm
Feesgirl
(@feesgirl)

My Nanny was Jane Grace - she married Ernest Victor Beach, brother of Aunty Lula.

My mother was Lena Ormsby (nee Beach) 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 May, 2018 2:34 am
Chrissiegrace
(@chrissiegrace)

Hi just seen that your grandfather is Joe Grace my dad is neff Howard hopeha Grace named after him he brought up my dad when he was young he has always said that's his dad but its his grandfather please let me know if you would like more information.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 February, 2019 9:44 pm
Share: