Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

GRAHAM Tuwhangai Matiu  

RSS
manu_tekowhai@hotmail.com OWC
(@manu_tekowhaihotmail-com-owc)

I am looking for anyone who may have information about my Grandmother's whanau. She was born in Ahipara, which is by Kaitaia, her father's name was Matiu GRAHAM[Kerehoma, Kereama] and he married a European woman,(Ellen Burns) and settled around Taupo/Rotorua area. My Grandmother had siblings, who were named as follows.;
1.Danny GRAHAM(M) died, due to a logging accident in the bush. issue.
2.Matiu GRAHAM(M) lived around Te Kaha. issue.
3.Mary Yates[f] ? lived around Whangape.[Hokianga area]
4.Vera Martin[f] lived in Tokoroa, and had daughter's named Rosemary and Colleen. father's name was Roy Martin.
5.May GRAHAM[F]lived in Rotorua. issue.
6. George GRAHAM[M]lived in Tokoroa, moved to Tauranga. married aunty Joyce. issue. Paul and Peter GRAHAM and Barbara is their sister.
Any one can help me I will be so grateful
Arohanui.

Posted : 13 November, 2005 10:31 am
Viv OWC
(@viv-owc)

Hi Manu
I'm not sure which daughter your grandmother was as there were 2 of the 7 girls born in Ahipara. She was from a family of 12.My grandmother was Mary YATE-not YATES and she lived in Pukekohe not Whangape
There were 3 boys and 2 unnamed children who died at birth.

I have information that will help you as I have been researching our whanau for the past 8 years as well as 2 others that I know of.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2005 5:21 pm

Kia ora Viv,
My grand-mother was Elizabeth Ellen. and she was born in Ahipara. This is just so marvellous. Do you know any of the whanau, at all?
Your grand-mother and grand-uncle Danny were the only two that I did not know personally.
We have been thinking of having a Re-Union, at Tokoroa, because there are alot of our whanau around that area. I would love to share notes with you.
Arohanui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2005 6:51 pm
Viv OWC
(@viv-owc)

Kia Ora Manu,
Gt Aunty Noki's(Edith) son Maurice has been researching a lot longer than me and he gave me a copy of the GRAHAM whakapapa which has 8 generations that he knows of. I have updated it with the knowledge I know and I'm sure you can update it further with your knowledge so eventually we should get ourselves a fully functioning Whakapapa right down to our own grandchildren.

I would love to get together with you and your family and share these notes I have.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2005 10:42 am
Viv OWC
(@viv-owc)

To correct your information below:
1st Matiu married Christine Ellen(Nellie) MITCHELL -BURNS was her mothers maiden name.
They lived their lives in from 1911 in Auckland.

Matthew jnr-their eldest child was the one who lived in Rotorua as I grew up knowing hiis family. I was born & raised in Rotorua.

The siblings are as follows:
(1): Matthew/Matiu born 1904, lived in Rotorua and died in a Logging accident in 1965. 4 children
(2): Florence May/Meimi(May) born 1906, lived most of her life in Rotorua also. 5 children
(3): Elizabeth/Rihi Ellen (Lizzie) born 1908. 11 that I know of fm 2nd marriage
(4): Edith Maud/Noki (Noki) born 1910. 4 children
(5): Mary/Mere HIlda born 1912 and lived all her married life in Pukekohe(My Grandmother). 11 children & adopted a granddaughter
(6): William George/Hori Brown (George) born 1914, lived most of his life in Tauranga. 3 children
(7): Christopher Danile/Taniera Mitchell(Danny) born 1918, lived his life in Rotorua. His family lived down the road from us and we know them well. 8 children & adopted a granddaughter
(8): Vera/Wira Joy born 1921. 4 children
(9): Georgina/Tiini Margaret(Jean) born 1924. 4 children
(10): Elinor/Rinora June (Lenny) born 1925. Gt Aunty Lenny is the only one of that generation that is still alive.4 children.
(11) & (12): Unknown names or sexs as died at birth.
Gosh, as you can see just from that we have a lot of whanau out there.
I look forward to seeing you soon.

I am looking for anyone who may have information about my Grandmother's whanau. She was born in Ahipara, which is by Kaitaia, her father's name was Matiu GRAHAM[Kerehoma, Kereama] and he married a European woman,(Ellen Burns) and settled around Taupo/Rotorua area. My Grandmother had siblings, who were named as follows.;
1.Danny GRAHAM(M) died, due to a logging accident in the bush. issue.
2.Matiu GRAHAM(M) lived around Te Kaha. issue.
3.Mary Yates[f] ? lived around Whangape.[Hokianga area]
4.Vera Martin[f] lived in Tokoroa, and had daughter's named Rosemary and Colleen. father's name was Roy Martin.
5.May GRAHAM[F]lived in Rotorua. issue.
6. George GRAHAM[M]lived in Tokoroa, moved to Tauranga. married aunty Joyce. issue. Paul and Peter GRAHAM and Barbara is their sister.
Any one can help me I will be so grateful
Arohanui.
[/quote]Text

Edited by - Viv on Nov 18 2005 11:16:28 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2005 11:13 am

Kia ora Viv,
Thanks very much for all of this. I would say a re-union could be on the cards alright. This is a very sad situation when alot of us were just around the corner from each other.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2005 1:53 pm
Morris 10 OWC
(@morris-10-owc)

Hi all,
I'm Maurice have lots of info to correct some of your replies, too many to put in this message box "Nooke" is my Mother. I'm willing to share with all that are interested my contact is Email mpransfield@xtra.co.nz Later! 15/1/2007

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 January, 2007 10:44 pm
Share: