Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

GRAHAM/TE UMUHURI, Taiwhanga  

RSS
Viv OWC
(@viv-owc)

I am trying to locate any descendants of 3 of his children.They were Hepora TE UMUHURI, Irimate TE UMUHURI aka Edith Ellen GRAHAM, and Rosie GRAHAM. They were all born in Owhata, Whangape, Norhtland.
Their other brother Matiu/Matthew TE UMUHURI/GRAHAM I have all the information I need.

Posted : 16 November, 2005 4:41 pm
manu_tekowhai@hotmail.com OWC
(@manu_tekowhaihotmail-com-owc)

Kia ora Viv,
Uncle Matt had two brother;s that I know of, and they were uncle George and uncle Danny as far as I knew. I would expect Irimate te Umuhuri to be my grand-mother then, because we knew her as Elizabeth Ellen and she married twice. My grandfather had six children to my grand-mother. and I am her grand-daughter. This information is absolutely awaesome, after all the time we have been searching. This forum is Tumeke alright.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2005 7:05 pm

Arohamai Viv,
I was doing my own whanau records and they clashed with yours. I do not know how to delete them. Have sent you a Private message also.
Please help, someone!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2005 8:46 am
Viv OWC
(@viv-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Viv,
Uncle Matt had two brother;s that I know of, and they were uncle George and uncle Danny as far as I knew. I would expect Irimate te Umuhuri to be my grand-mother then, because we knew her as Elizabeth Ellen and she married twice. My grandfather had six children to my grand-mother. and I am her grand-daughter. This information is absolutely awaesome, after all the time we have been searching. This forum is Tumeke alright.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2005 7:59 pm
Viv OWC
(@viv-owc)

Kia Ora Manu_Tekowhai
Yes your are correct that Matthew Graham Jnr had 2 brothers, Danny & George. He also had 7 sisters including your grandmother-Aunty Lizzie.
Irimate TE UMUHURI was actually Elizabeth's aunty (her namesake I suppose). She was Matiu/Matthew GRAHAM' sister born c 1873.

That is great news about the fact that Elizabeth had children to her 1st husband. this we didn't know. Absolutely awesome.

Edited by - Viv on Nov 17 2005 8:12:08 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2005 8:09 pm

Kia ora Viv,
You can say that again. As you will see, by your extended whakapapa now, we have gone from nought to about a hundred,[hehehe!!] I have sent this info out to my direct whanau, and they are just over-awed. My cousins in Rotorua are getting together over Christmas, to set some dates for a re-union, and I am organising the same with my uncle in Tokoroa, because I am always in close contact with him. There seemed to be a reluctance of our grand-parents etc. to give us any information about their heritage, because in those days they were taught not to. I think the pro's and con's have been fully discussed in this forum, and I personally believe, that ,if the intention of the person seeking their whakapapa is honourable, then Kei te pai!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2005 7:10 am
deannateao16
(@deannateao16)

Kia Ora Manu and Viv

I know this forum is from 2005 but I am just trying my luck to try find out more information about my family.

I am the great great great granddaughter of Irimate Graham and her first husband Frederick William Just.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated even if you contact me through email.

Kind regards,

Deanna T

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 November, 2018 5:00 am
Share: