Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

GRAY / GREY, Leslie  

MadMaori OWC
(@madmaori-owc)

I was told by my adopted parents that Leslie Gray was my real mothers name and its time i found out a little about her if anything, i was also told she lived in the thames area but i could be wrong, i have very little info on her, so if you know a leslie gray and you know she adopted out a son in 1968 plz reply 🙂

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 11:51:44 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2005 9:34 am
MadMaori OWC
(@madmaori-owc)

Ok wasnt thames it was gisborne if that helps any :), she orginally came from gisborne i think but spent some time in auckland in westmere in the 60's, had me at National Womans on the 27th of aug 1968 then handed me on to my current parents Sonny Toka and Eliza Andrews.

P.S. For all i know the spelling could be wrong to, i may also be Lesley Grey or vice versa.

Edited by - MadMaori on Feb 04 2005 10:12:36 AM

Edited by - MadMaori on Feb 04 2005 11:48:29 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2005 9:43 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe MadMaori,

You may find that your search will be long, but with time and perseverance you will get there. I can only offer you encouragement and a few suggestions for things to try.

You say that after you were born, you were handed to your current parents. Does this mean that they know her? Why I ask is because usually when adoptions were done in the 1960's they were closed and none of the parties met each other.

Have you applied for your original birth certificate? This could state not only your natural mother's name, but her iwi also.

When you apply for an original birth certificate, you nominate a place to get it from, in this case you could nominate National Women's and then you go along there and get it. National Women's may also have other information to share with you, like the notes from the interview when Lesley decided to adopt you. This could give you more information and help you in your search.

There is always http://www.whitepages.co.nz - put grey in the surname, set the region to gisborne, set residential to search in and have a look there. There are about 20 - 30 listed under both of the spelling variations that you have given.

Good luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2005 2:54 am
Dhungutti OWC
(@dhungutti-owc)

im lookng also for relos...does the name..Agnes Grey ring a bell at all???
Margy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2005 1:28 am

Working

Please Login or Register