Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

GREY/CUMBERPATCH/HAITI, Margaret: Searching for my family  

Halo75 OWC
(@halo75-owc)

Kia Ora
MY name is Robyn Grey and i along with several of my brothers and sister were fostered out when we were babies. I now have a son and would like to give him some idea of where he comes from in terms of my birth parents.
My mothers name is Margaret, she had several last names including Grey, Cumberpatch and Haiti. All i know is that there is suppose to be family in Opotiki or surrounding areas. I have met her once and then lost contact...
She had several children including Micheal, Jamie, Cranston, Angelina and James.
If any one has any ideas please help

Edited by - pearlau on Mar 09 2005 2:21:33 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2005 8:28 pm
Halo75 OWC
(@halo75-owc)

I have been told that my grandmother was from Whakatohea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2005 9:12 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Halo75,

Could you let us know which name is her maiden name?

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2005 11:10 pm
Dhungutti OWC
(@dhungutti-owc)

Do you know if any of your mob came to Australia...does an Agnes Grey ring a bell?????

searching too
Margy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2005 1:21 am
angelinas1 OWC
(@angelinas1-owc)

[quote]
Kia Ora
My name is Angelina Grant and I am interested in finding out about my relatives also due to having children of my own. Robyn Grey is my sister and I was lucky enough to have contact with her unitl we were about 14 years old and those memories I cherish. Hey Robyn please contact me again so we can get to know each others exsisting Whanau.

I believe our mothers name was PATRICIA MARGARET PAEA KAA HATI also known to have the following surnames GREY, WOOD, CUMBERBATCH.

Her mother was MABEL HATI(WOOD) I believe she worked at Auckland Hospital and lived in west auckland.

Last known address for PATRICIA was 130 Haverstock Rd, Mt Albert Auckland.

Edited by - angelinas1 on Jan 25 2006 10:28:12 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2006 10:17 pm
angelinas1 OWC
(@angelinas1-owc)

There also was a brother Carlos Anyone have knowledge of what happened to him at all or didi he change his name

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2006 4:50 pm
Halo OWC
(@halo-owc)

Hi there again,
I am still looking for my birth mother and so far have had no luck..
If anyone has any idea please please post something.
My son is nearly 4 and I would just like him to get to know his ancestory.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 July, 2007 10:58 pm
Halo OWC
(@halo-owc)

I never thought finding family would be this hard and heart breaking. I hope someone can shed some light on this matter and help my sister and myself find exactly where our Maori roots are held.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 July, 2007 11:51 pm
rlee OWC
(@rlee-owc)
Eminent Member

Kiaora Halo, don't give up, I'm the same, my whanau have been searching for over 20yrs now and still have no concrete links to our roots, but little bits and pieces will pop up along the way, time is a wonderful healer for info to emerge, sometimes when you least expect it! naku noa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2007 10:53 pm

Working

Please Login or Register