Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HAARE / PARATENE whanau.  

Page 1 / 5
  RSS
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Ngati Ruamahue/Ngati Kura.

Posted : 13 June, 2005 9:35 pm
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Teena kooutou katoa.
My Grandfathers na,me is Wetere Haare on my mothers side..He was from Wainui,Whangaroa.He passed away in Wellington,many years ago.He is now buried at a place called Tinopai.He was of the Rapana Faith.
Blessings!
Na,Wi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 June, 2005 11:44 pm
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Kia ora Taatu.
My Grandmothers name was Mere Paratene on my mothers side.My grandmother was from Matauri and Whangaruru.She also passed away in Wellington.
And she is also buried at Tinopai.She was also of the Rapana Faith.

Blessings!
Na,Wi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 June, 2005 11:53 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora witewhiu,

I'm researching the Haare whanau also through my son's mother whakapapa. His nana was Makere [a.k.a. Margaret] Haare whom sadly passed away last year.
Margaret's parent's were Wete Haare and Mere. Wete's father was Haare Neke.
Miriama, Wiremu, Hiria, Katerina, and Rerepeti [a.k.a. Rongo] were siblings of Wete Haare.
Drop us an email if this is the same whanau from Wainui.

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2005 4:59 pm
Raniera OWC
(@raniera-owc)

Tena koe Hohaia2,

My grandmother was Te Raiti Haare who was the eldest in this whanau. Makere or Margaret was one of my nans sister. We took my nans sister back to Matauri to be buried, right next to her brother. Please email me straight. I would be interested in your connection and finding out more about your son and his mother.

Na Raniera

Edited by - Raniera on Sep 15 2005 10:44:27 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 September, 2005 10:40 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe e Raniera,

Ae Marika to korero ki a au. After glancing over the Haare whakapapa after my last losting, I noticed Te Raiti Haare was the tukana of Wete's children from his first wife. My son's nana, Margaret was from Wete's second marriage. I have lost touch with my in-laws, but somehow the Haare whanau have links through tupuna via my late mum from Matangirau - Te Touwai. I'll email you as soon as my computer behaves [lol].

Tau Te Rangimarie Ki A Koe Me To Whanau Hoki...

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 September, 2005 11:24 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Just a correction to my last posting... Te Raiti and Margaret were from Wete Haare's second marriage. Te Raiti was the eldest from his second marriage... my apologies for that error.

Aroha mai mo tera!

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 September, 2005 6:12 pm
Jane_lloyd OWC
(@jane_lloyd-owc)

Hi, i wonder if Mere Paratene is related to Pakira Paratene from Whangaruru, he is half brother to my half sister Taukiri Paratene Hereora
Pakira Paratene is buried @ Waihaha....Jane Lloyd

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 September, 2005 12:07 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora,
I think the Mere Paratene mentioned on this posting may be a different Mere related to Pakira Paratene, as the Mere I refer to passed away in 1965, and her daughter Margaret [my son's nana] was born in 1930.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 September, 2005 1:57 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe e Jane,

My apologies and I stand to be corrected.
Yes you are correct. Mere Paratene, Pakira Paratene, and Takiri Paratene are all siblings.
They have the same father, but different mothers.
Their father had 4 spouses producing 9 issue in total from all 4 spouses.
My son's great grandmother was Mere Paratene.
Again my apologies for the previous posting.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2005 11:44 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

<Typo Error> That should have read Taukiri Paratene, not Takiri Paratene.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2005 11:52 pm
lillyorr@hotmail.com OWC
(@lillyorrhotmail-com-owc)

Kiaora, I am a Paratene from Whangaruru. My grandparents were Honeri and Marara Paratene. My dad is Huru, sadly passed away in 1986, My mum is still living. Just thought I would post this anyway. My heart does a little jig when ever I see the name Whangaruru. Be interesting to see where this leads.

Ka kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2005 9:37 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora,

There is a Hone Paratene that is the eldest sibling of those I previously mentioned. He is from the first spouse. Could this be your grandfather?

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2005 11:13 pm
lillyorr@hotmail.com OWC
(@lillyorrhotmail-com-owc)

Kiaora hohaia2, just looking at the Whakapapa. If we are speaking about the same Hone, his father had four wives. Hohi Taiapo, Arani Kane weri cook, Heeni Hora and Maina Hereora. Is this any help, please correct me if I'm wrong. Matauri Bay comes in very strong here.

Ka Kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2005 9:38 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Lilly,

Ae Marika! Yes, this is the same whakapapa and those are the 4 wives you mentioned. This is my son's whakapapa I am researching via his mum.
It is their husband's first name I am unsure of and can you clarify this for me please.
Is it Pere or Pene?
Look forward to your reply Lilly.
Any other info would be appreciated also.

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2005 9:50 pm
Page 1 / 5
Share: