Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HAKI PEKA (JOHN BAKER)  

RSS
Hami OWC
(@hami-owc)

Haki Peka (John Baker) settled in Rawene in early 18oo's. He was my gr8 gr8 gr8 gr8 gr8 grandfather. Trying to find name of his first wife who is mother of Elizabeth (Peti), born in 1818? Does anybody know where Elizabeth was born? or anything about her.
Elizabeth married Thomas Hollingsworth. Haki's second wife was Mere Maru Koperu. Any info greatly appreciated.

Hami

Posted : 04 May, 2006 11:13 am
taimona OWC
(@taimona-owc)

If you use the search box to do a search of Baker quite a few others are researching the Baker whanau and you may find what your looking for.

Edited by - taimona on May 05 2006 12:09:14 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 May, 2006 12:08 pm
Tenneile Baker OWC
(@tenneile-baker-owc)

kia Hami...well I don't know of a Haki Peka, but,
My papa's name is Dennis Tuhawaiki Baker of Otaki, my dad is a descendant of Andrew August Baker.

My koro Andrew is 73 years old and is living in Levin with his only sister Veronica Webster (nee Baker).

My gr8 koro's name is Babe Happy Baker who passed on about 8-9 years ago. ma koro Babe remarried a Ransfield/Ranapia and lived in Featherston.

not sure if this is of any assistance to you..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 October, 2006 6:40 am
Hami OWC
(@hami-owc)

Kia Ora Tenneile

Thanks for the info but my Baker whanau came from the Hokianga area.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 October, 2006 8:59 am
huriepbo@hotmail.com OWC
(@huriepbohotmail-com-owc)

Kia ora, you could try looking around the Kaikohe area.,or even on the other side of the bay, Panguru, Mitimiti,Pawarenga and even possibly Whangape.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 April, 2007 6:20 pm
Share: