Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Hakopa/Jacobs  

RSS
nushy OWC
(@nushy-owc)

I'm looking for anyone out there that can help me learn more about my whanau. The following is all the information I have and if there is anyone out there that knows more i'd greatly appreciate it.

My grandfather's name is Kaumoana Taikehu Mateono HAKOPA also known as Harry Kaumoana Jacobs.
His father was Taikehu Mateono Rarite HAKOPA from (Ngati Mahanga) Tainui who married Hingaia AHURIRI from (Tuhoe) Murupara.

He married Winika TE RONGOMAU
Her father was Whiunui Tumua TE RONGOMAU from (Ngati Mahanga) Tainui who married Hei Hei Tunga MATINI from (Ngati RUANUI) Taranaki.

Together they had four children
Terita TE RONGOMAU - from a previous marriage (Maybe - i'm unsure)
Eric Mateono JACOBS - My father
Kay Irene JACOBS
Patricia Winifred JACOBS

Posted : 19 June, 2007 11:24 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Tania,
I do recall your great grandfathers name Taikehu as one of my Great grandmothers brothers, um, so the tupuna names I posted early could very well be your great-great grandparents on that line. I have not made much progress in persuing the Mateono Hakopa line, I came to a halt and stopped at Te Arawa. There are some documents that I requested from the Maori Land Court that I will gladly share, as I am pretty confident that there is that whanau link, you yourself may even have more information. I will contact you shortly, once I have located a scanner.
Kia ora

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 June, 2007 1:50 am
nushy OWC
(@nushy-owc)

Hi Jax,
That would be great. I'm the only grandchild that lives in the South Island so it makes it really hard to find out any information as i've lost contact with my other cousins, aunties and uncles.
You only start to think about it all when you have children of your own.
Feel free to email me nushy@ihug.co.nz
Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 June, 2007 6:22 pm
Share: