Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Hara Moenana (Hohaia Tuatakihine) whanau  

RSS
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
(@iraboydhotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora whanau,
Would really appreciate any info for the above person.
This is what i've found out to date:

In the matter of the land known as 'Te Akaaka' situated at or near Kaiapoi and of the estate, share, or interest of Hohaia TAUTAKIHINE (deceased).
At a sitting of the court held in Wellington on the 28 March, 1898, it was determined that:
1...Metapere Hatini,
2...Mere Kiriwera,
3...Hiria Wakatau or is it Whakatau,
4...Heni Poko,
5...Kutia Paraone,
6...Marina Ruru,
7...Makarini Mokomoko,
8...Tiemi Mahurangi,
9...Hana Wekipiri,
10..Teone Tene,
11..Tiaki Horomona.
are the persons who are entitled to succeed to the estate, share, or interest of and in the said land whereto the deceased died entitled, and it is hereby ordered that the said share or interest shall vest in the above named successors equally as of August,1895.

The question i ask: is Hara Moenana the same person as Hohaia Tuatakihine or are they husband and wife. Can someone please enlighten me. As their moko's could be missing out on the unclaimed land money and that's not good.

Nohoramai whanau..

Posted : 20 December, 2006 10:26 am
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Kia ora whanau,

In the matter of the land known as 'Te Akaaka' situated at or near Kaiapoi and of the estate, share, or interest of Hohaia TAUTAKIHINE (deceased).
At a sitting of the court held in Wellington on the 28 March, 1898, it was determined that:
1...Metapere Hatini,
2...Mere Kiriwera,
4...Heni Poko,
5...Kutia Paraone,
6...Marina Ruru,
7...Makarini Mokomoko,
8...Tiemi Mahurangi,
9...Hana Wekipiri,
10..Teone Tene,
11..Tiaki Horomona.
are the persons who are entitled to succeed to the estate, share, or interest of and in the said land whereto the deceased died entitled, and it is hereby ordered that the said share or interest shall vest in the above named successors equally as of August,1895.

The question i ask: is Hara Moenana the same person as Hohaia Tuatakihine or are they husband and wife. Can someone please enlighten me. As their moko's could be missing out on the unclaimed land money and that's not good.

Nohoramai whanau..

Try Terry Ryan at the Ngai Tahu Runaka. He is pretty much a walking dictionary on the whakapapa of Ngai Tahu and that's his role for the iwi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2007 7:05 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

quote:

Kia ora whanau,

1...Metapere Hatini,
2...Mere Kiriwera,
4...Heni Poko,
5...Kutia Paraone,
6...Marina Ruru,
7...Makarini Mokomoko,
8...Tiemi Mahurangi,
9...Hana Wekipiri,
10..Teone Tene,
11..Tiaki Horomona.

Nohoramai whanau..

Try Terry Ryan at the Ngai Tahu Runaka. He is pretty much a walking dictionary on the whakapapa of Ngai Tahu and that's his role for the iwi.

Kia ora Te Paetahi,

Will try Terry and thanks for the info.

Nohora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2007 6:37 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora whanau,

1...Metapere Hatini,
2...Mere Kiriwera,
4...Heni Poko,
5...Kutia Paraone,
6...Marina Ruru,
7...Makarini Mokomoko,
8...Tiemi Mahurangi,
9...Hana Wekipiri,
10..Teone Tene,
11..Tiaki Horomona.

Nohoramai whanau..

Kia ora whanau,

Received an email from te mokopuna o Makarini Mokomoko and she has informed me that their are about 86 successors to the land of Hara Moenana.

Their court case was postponed because the maori land court had to do more research.

Kia ora to the whanau and all the best for the future.

To the whanau, a job well done...

Nohoora mai whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2007 3:28 pm
Share: