Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

HARAWERA or HADFIELD  

ahau OWC
(@ahau-owc)

Kia ora,

Ko Simon Hadfield ahau, I have just started looking for my bones. My father, was a maori my mother a pakeha. Dad never rearly passed on any maori to us and now I find I just need to know where I come from. Fathers name: Wiki Hadfield (he said once our maori name is Harawera, but he never used it) mothers name: Beverly Smith. We lived in Taradale for a long 1960s - 80s. I do recall a nana Hemi.
Any help you can give will make me smile.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2005 12:11 pm
mharawira OWC
(@mharawira-owc)

Kia ora Simon
Is it possible that your father's whanau came from up North? or from the East Coast? There are also Harawira/Hadfield's up round Wanganui area. Any idea which area yours came from?
Makere

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2005 2:33 pm
ddblue
(@ddblue)

Kia ora Simon

Do you have a copy of your fathers birth certificate to know where he was born and originated from. His parents would be listed. The more imfomation you provide here would help others to help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2005 3:02 pm
te phantom
(@te-phantom)

Kia ora Simon

I have a cousin who married a HADFIELD.

I don't know anything about her in-laws.

Do you have your dad's birthdate? Did he have brothers and/or sisters?

Do you have brothers and sisters? What year(s) were you born?

I thought that if you could give more info then it might make it a little easier for my cuz, or people that she might ask?

Cheers

Phantom Maori

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2005 8:57 pm
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Tena Koe Simon

I know of Hadfields, who live in the far north, area, and the nana of the whanau was called Heeni (Hadfield). She died some years ago, had a son called Kapene Hadfiled, who also has passed on.

The Hadfields I know, go by both names Hadfield and Harawera

This not much to give you, but any other information that you have, as per the previous members posts, will help us, to help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 March, 2005 12:42 am
Mikaere OWC
(@mikaere-owc)

Tena Koe Simon

I am related to one of the Hadfield whanau from the far north.

Harawera Hadfield (He used both maori and english name) i remember him when i was very young. He was a lovely man. He had a daughter named Agnes she was a lovely aunty and very close to my mother.

Agnes Hadfield had three sons and one daughter.
Her daughter lives in Whangarei her name is Lucksme, sorry i dont know her married name but he husband is a pakeha and i only know him as Sam.

Two of Agnes sons died in 1999 but the eldest son, his name is Lepia Yelash and he lives in Sydney Australia.

Lepia is a greatgrand father now but very much alive. Lepia married Yvonne Southerland.

Lepia has five sons and one daughter.
The Eldest son Shane died in june 1999, his wife's name is Jessica George she is my niece.

Lepia's other four sons are living in Ahipara, their names are Wiki, Ross, Juvan and Tony. The daughters name is Ethy and she lives in Melborne Australia.

If you could give me more details about your dad (if he had brothers, sisters, etc) then we could see if there is a connection with the northern Hadfields.

From Harawera Hadfield there are seven generations and my brother has their whakapapa.
Hope this will help in your search.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 March, 2005 10:07 pm
ddblue
(@ddblue)

Kia ora Ahua,

Just a follow up. Have you had any luck with the information posted todate by the members? Are you making headway?

Kia kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 April, 2005 3:38 am
ahau OWC
(@ahau-owc)

Kia ora ddblue, I'm wait on birth cert, will have another look once this arrives.
Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 April, 2005 3:59 pm
ahau OWC
(@ahau-owc)

Kia ora all,

Not to much luck with birth cert, on mine it has dad's name as Wiki Hadfield, born in Manonui, I guess around 1930 - 31. I asked for his birth cert but they can't find it?????? On my sister's birth cert it has his place of birth as Awanui. He did have a sister May and 1/2 sister Lovey, his father's name was James and we think his mother's name was Apie, not sure on that one. I can recall koro Hadfield died around 1969.
I have one sister Val born 1958, then there's me and my twin James born 1959, younger brothers, Brett, Bruce (twins) Duncan and David. Ka mate ko Bruce raua ko Duncan.
So where to now? I'm going to hunt out dad's death cert and see where that will lead me.

Cheers Simon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2005 9:51 am
Gaylene OWC
(@gaylene-owc)

Kia ora Simon,

My partner is a Hadfield from Hastings. His family are from a place called Waiohiki, which is not far from Taradale. I have sent him some of your messages, (he works away from home). He seems to believe their must be a link somewhere. You can email him at: chandos4@hotmail.com, and if he can't help, i'm sure he'll put you onto someone who can! Good Luck!

Oh yeah.....his name is Kim Hadfield!

Edited by - Gaylene on Apr 19 2005 5:25:39 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 April, 2005 5:20 pm
ahau OWC
(@ahau-owc)

Kia ora all, just got mum and dad's marriage cert. It has dad's birth place as Awanui, resident at Awanui at the time of the wedding (July 1957)and a dairy farmer.Married in Kaitaia.
His mothers name as Lovie Hemi, father's Jimmie Hadfield, motor driver.
Mum's parents are mother, Bessie Hodgson, father Percy Smith.

Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2005 5:54 pm
jonna OWC
(@jonna-owc)

tena koe e Simon

Ko Jonna Hadfield ahau. my grandfather john hadfield was born and raised in awanui not too sure how i can help u but if u have any questions u can email me on jonnahadfield@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 November, 2005 1:40 pm
queenieandbonz OWC
(@queenieandbonz-owc)

Hi Simon,
I am a Harawira Hadfield. I am looking for info on my Dad's Family also.I know his fathers name was Heta Harawira who had 2 children to my grandmother Heeni. My dad was Kapene And his sister was Sophia who died as a baby and is buried in Te Kao with my grandfathern

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 August, 2006 12:43 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora all,

Not to much luck with birth cert, on mine it has dad's name as Wiki Hadfield, born in Manonui, I guess around 1930 - 31. I asked for his birth cert but they can't find it?????? On my sister's birth cert it has his place of birth as Awanui. He did have a sister May and 1/2 sister Lovey, his father's name was James and we think his mother's name was Apie, not sure on that one. I can recall koro Hadfield died around 1969.
I have one sister Val born 1958, then there's me and my twin James born 1959, younger brothers, Brett, Bruce (twins) Duncan and David. Ka mate ko Bruce raua ko Duncan.
So where to now? I'm going to hunt out dad's death cert and see where that will lead me.

Cheers Simon

kia ora
I know karu harawera whakapapa.
First name karu for surname. Not sure they connected?

Searched the public library for Certificate.

Edited by - pono on Aug 11 2006 2:21:44 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 August, 2006 2:18 pm
jonna OWC
(@jonna-owc)

tena koe ano,

jus checking to see how your search is going with finding ur whanau my koro (John K Hadfield) had a twin brother Divine and another brother Jimmy Hadfield my koro had 10 children most of whom live in auckland.

Naku na
JHHadfield

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 August, 2006 1:14 pm

Working

Please Login or Register