Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

HATATA  

Panikoohine OWC
(@panikoohine-owc)

HELOOOOOOO everyone new news!!!!!! My mothers last name was HATATA!!!! and i found the picture of my grandmother, unfortunately it is small and i have no scanner, i will be buying one as soon as i get the money!!!!!!!!TELL me anything you k now at all ok!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 November, 2004 3:28 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Panikoohine

Great a bit more info for all of us to work on! Now if I have this right, your mum is Nyree Hatata and your dad is Ahemi Hapukina? Just checking to make sure

So if that is right, we can use this post for info and korero about your mum and the Hatata whanau and the other post [url="http://www.maori.org.nz/papa_panui/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=182&FORUM_ID=2&CAT_ID=2&Topic_Title=WANTED%21+info+on+the+HAPUKINAfamily%21%21%21%21%21&Forum_Title=Finding+Whanau+%28Family%29"]here[/url] for info and korero about your dad and the Hapukina whanau?

If this is okay with you, pop over to the Hapukina post and put a link to this one - that way we can keep everything all neatly linked - just like whakapapa

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 November, 2004 3:50 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano Panikoohine

I am on a roll tonight and have been going through the posts trying to awhi people with their search and now I am up to this one of yours

I have just had a look at http://www.whitepages.co.nz and there are 2 Hatata whanau listed, so if you go there and do a search for them you may be able to find out a bit more info

Also, pop over to http://www.familysearch.org and do a search for Hatata there as there are some listed. Although you may not know where the ones listed fit, you can start gathering this informaation and it will all end up linked one day.

From the looks of the addresses in the Whitepages and the places in the Familysearch site, it looks like the Hatata whanau are from the Mataatua - Bay of Plenty area, but I could be wrong.

[url="http://www.maori.org.nz/papa_panui/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=216&FORUM_ID=2&CAT_ID=2&Topic_Title=info+about+picture&Forum_Title=Finding+Whanau+%28Family%29"]Here[/url] is the link to the Photo post that you put up and in it I have just seen that your grandmother's name is Mere Hatata - Panikoohine - there is a Mere Hatata in the Familysearch site and she was born in 1902 at a place called Ruatoki North - this could be your grandmother If she is or there is a chance that she is, contact the Hatata in the White Pages who lives in Whakatane as that is in the same area!

Once we can get the area confirmed then that opens it up for others to be able to help with your iwi, marae etc.

We will get there, don't give up hope and keep going!

Good luck and keep us posted

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2004 4:10 am
Panikoohine OWC
(@panikoohine-owc)

Hello all I was just wondering if any of you have any advice for me about contacting possible relatives. Whats the best way to approach it??Any tips welcome. Kia ORA!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2004 1:06 pm
CJHatata OWC
(@cjhatata-owc)

Kia Ora, I am a Hatata. My fathers mother is from Ruatoki. Thats where I think they are from Im not to sure. Either there, or Ruatahuna.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 December, 2004 1:54 pm
Erena OWC
(@erena-owc)

Kia ora, Our adopted brother was born a Hatata. His sister Lexi use to come and visit him when we were really young. Yes he is from the Ruatoki area. He has met his sister and brothers who are in Auckland. He is known as Erueti TePou and lives in Christchurch. He is in the whitepages down there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2005 1:39 pm
ahatata OWC
(@ahatata-owc)

Kia ora im Angie daughter of Agnes Hatata my grandparents are Tripoli Hohua and Maggie Hatata if u want to get in touch with my mum her email address is akenehihatata@hotmail.com or me ahatata@msn.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2006 12:19 am
hatata2look OWC
(@hatata2look-owc)

Kia ora to all the Hatata family members researching our family Whakapapa.My name is Myra Hatata and I am Lexis sister.Erueti is the son of my Aunty Rae.I am in the process of writing a family Whakapapa book to include a small insight to our family history of both our grandather RENATA HATATA AND NGAHAKA WITAAHU.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 June, 2006 11:18 am
hatata2look OWC
(@hatata2look-owc)

If you need more help my EMAIL address is:my2look@hotmail.com.
Myra

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 June, 2006 11:25 am
apirira OWC
(@apirira-owc)

tena koe my name is teowai kingi and we are cousins through our great great grandparents whose names were TUHOE TUAU AND TEOWI PUIHI they had 9 children one of who was kehekehe tuhoe who in turn had a daughter who married 3 times my whanau come from the second husband your whanau come from the 3rd husband there names are mere,tahae,cussie,hani,johnie and pirihita.I know that johnie is the only one still alive and will find out were he lives and let you know i hope this helps you with your search and will keep you posted on any other info i can find ka kite cuz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2006 6:50 pm

Working

Please Login or Register