Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

HATATA, Mere: Info about picture  

Panikoohine OWC
(@panikoohine-owc)

Kia Ora all. I just wanted to say thanks for all your support on here. My grandmother (whom i previously mentioned i had a picture of) name is Mere Hatata. And if you have been searching or asking around for me you could also ask about "Iti Mere Hapukina" which is what my nickname use to be because i reminded my mother of her...:( thank you. Kia Ora very much!!!

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 08 2005 12:13:57 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 November, 2004 1:44 pm
sn6uldv8 OWC
(@sn6uldv8-owc)

Kia Ora, my name is Sandra. My mother was Rahiti Rae Renata-Hatata. She died in 1976 in a car accident between Waimana and Opotiki.

Around about 1991 our family found out that we had other siblings, they are John, Edwity (Christchurch),Linda (Sunshine Coast,QLD)and another child that was still born.

We were only 7(3 girls and 4 boys) so all additions were a shock to us all.

Lexi, unsure who that is as Shirl one of my older sisters has met our brother who lives in Christchurch and I have spoken to him also (lovely guy).

My aunty Kata in Wellington is still around, she is my mothers younger sister. Aunty Maggie, Lucy are deceased Aunty Everlyn not sure. Uncle Don also deceased.

We have not been updated with our family tree as there are too many holes as mum passed away when we were all young.

The story of Edwity was that he lived in Te Teko or Kawarau as we lived in Taneatua near Ruatoki, moved there after mum was killed.

Anyone know anything else,our family name is MOWRY as we were growing up. This was my fathers family name.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 January, 2006 7:20 pm

Working

Please Login or Register