Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HAWKINS Samson  

RSS
Dale Ennor OWC
(@dale-ennor-owc)

Hi trying to find out about my grandfather Samson Hawkins and his parents & grandparents and further.My great grandparents were Sampson and Betty Maaka. And thats all I have. My grandad was raised in Mohaka and married Janey Robinson from Gisborne.
Hope someone can help me.
Aroha
Dale

Posted : 20 October, 2005 9:08 am
kiwihastings1 OWC
(@kiwihastings1-owc)

Hi Dale, My name is Suzette, Very familiar with your family, as it is also my family too, my grandmother is Olive Hawkins who is your grandfathers sister. I went to Uncle Sam's unveiling, he is buried about two plots down from my dad. Would be glad to help out in away I can. sahorne@xtra.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 December, 2005 6:10 pm
Dale Ennor OWC
(@dale-ennor-owc)

Hi Suzette,
As far as I know my grandfather did not have any siblings he was an only child, the only relative I have meet of his was his cousin Walker. But hey if you know something I don't would be only too glad to listen. I understand that the Hawkins family homestead is still standing in Mohaka, and that a photo of my Grandmother Janey as a small child at a family wedding still hangs there still to this day. daletc@xtra.co.nz
Regards
Dale

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 March, 2006 1:26 pm
Share: