Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HELP!  

RSS
Hilde OWC
(@hilde-owc)

Hey!
We are four students from Norway who got a project about the Maories.
We wonder if anyone can help us finding information about the subject; links to good websites etc

We will appreciate any answer

Lena, Caroline, Cathrine and Hilde

Posted : 28 September, 2006 8:35 pm
janice tanerau OWC
(@janice-tanerau-owc)

God dag!
Jeg heter Janice, Jeg kommer fra Ratana paa
(New Zealand) også Jeg bor i Bergen.
Kan du sender melding på juto1966@hotmail.com.
Jeg kan prøver til hjelper deg.
Vi snakkes.
glem fra janice.......

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 September, 2006 1:27 am
jessica OWC
(@jessica-owc)

Find a book titled Nga Waka o Nehera, this is about the migration of all Maori to New Zealand and will tell you why and where they came from. This will also help you to understand why we have different tribes and the names of these!!
I have no idea of how you will find this book in Norway though! Try searching this site or sites such as trademe.co.nz or just google anything maori!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 September, 2006 3:19 pm
mathuen OWC
(@mathuen-owc)

To understand us maori, i suggest that you look at how your ancestors lived with nature in the old world, you will probably find theirs not that much difference. or a second suggestion, google Waitangi tribunal claim, wai 262, flora and fauna 1991, all papers concerning our feelings, and much more, are there for all to see. such a claim may benefit all the peoples of mother earth, if recognized. All the very best on your research.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2008 12:33 am
Share: