Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HEMI, Herewini  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

HELP PLEEASE! iam looking for my whakapapa,alls i know is Herewini married Ripeka Pukeroa & had Stanley James (Grandfather) his brothers were uncle Remo, Albert, Auntie winnie, he had others but i dont know them, i think they were from Kaimaumau, i was told his father was Hemi Ngapo, but i cant confirm this, theres no one left on our line that knows, i am stuck as all of them are now gone, please help whanau it would make my Christmas, Thank You

Posted : 18 October, 2005 9:57 pm
janice tanerau OWC
(@janice-tanerau-owc)

Kia Ora,
I know of some Hemis that live at Ratana Pa, this Hemi whanau is from Picton (south Island).
There are also some other Hemis who live in Ratana and they are from the far north...around kaeo area maybe there is some connection somewhere, they are in the phone book or you can ring directory.
Hope this helps......good luck!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2005 1:53 am
AllyKat OWC
(@allykat-owc)

Kia ora my name is Elizabeth and I am new to this but here goes. I am wondering if we are family as my grandmother was Kereihi but known as "Gracie or Grace" Herewini and she too married a Himi te Waahi Pukeroa they lived all their married life in Manukau (Herekino) not Auckland. And like you I am looking to trace my family.
My grandmother is from Te Hapua and my grandfather is from Manukau but the Pukeroa line is in Tauroa (Ahipara).
I will be most interested if you can make any connection.
Kia ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 October, 2005 9:40 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Sis good to meet you

I wish i knew but all my old fellas are gone,
but glad to hear from you, im lost on the Pukeroa line too
anyway if i find something new ill let you know
always good to hear from whanau...Arohanui

We can't live on love and pipi's alone

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 August, 2006 6:02 pm
abzj OWC
(@abzj-owc)

Im a Hemi my dad is Hirini Tane Hemi now i know why my dad named my brother stanley and my sister ripeka, theres still alot of hemi's around trust me.. your find most of them in kaitai / paparore/rotorua and as far as the south island. I think you need to email me..*giggle* we have alot in common.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2006 7:04 pm
Raniera OWC
(@raniera-owc)

Tena koe Te Kuta,

Ae marika!
I havent hear Stanley James name for a while. Hoi ano, I knew of your grandfather and grandmother very well. Is his wifes name Ani or Anne. As my grandparents use to talk about your grandparents quite alot. There is still a number of people still alive today. I didnt realise that Ripeka Pukeroa had Stanly James. Did your grandparents stay at Ruawai? As they used to come to Tinopai in the Kaipara. There is quite alot of korero and also as I mentioned beforehand quite a number of people still alive that knew them both. Are you able to tell me where they were both buried? As we had lost contect with the both of them, when they left the Kaipara. I actually wouldnt mind meeting with if you lived in Auckland. As Im doing some research on the church that both your grandparents were in at some stage.
Kanui tenei wa. Email me back.
Naku noa, na
Raniera Kingi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 October, 2006 1:44 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia ora abzj,

I would like that very much, is there heaps of us? sis, it's good to meet whanau.

We can't live on love and pipi's alone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 November, 2006 4:49 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia Ora Raniera,

My grandparents used to stay at Tango Wahine, but they used to go to Ruawai to see Uncle Charlie & Athey and Bertie and them, Coz my nan Anna's maiden name was Heller, you know, uncle Max's sister, Shane Darren, Elaine those are all my whanau, but yea, we buried them at Ahipara, good to meet you cuzzie anyways, and yep im in Aucks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 November, 2006 4:58 pm
Raniera OWC
(@raniera-owc)

Tena ano Te Kuta,

Thank you for all the information. I have sent you a private message to you.
Naku noa, na
Raniera Kingi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 November, 2006 6:22 pm
Raniera OWC
(@raniera-owc)

Tena koe Te Kuta,

I have tryed to email you, but it keeps on bouncing back to me. Please get back to me.
Naku noa, na
Raniera Kingi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 November, 2006 3:21 pm
etherealari OWC
(@etherealari-owc)

Kia Ora Whanau

This is all new to me but if you're looking for Pukeroa connections, I have quite a bit. I've been doing my mama's side for like a month now and I found bits and pieces here and there now I just need to fill in the gaps and I'm sure we can all help each other to do this. I have the names of the fourteen children of Henare Pukeroa and Ramari H. Davidson or Blake who are my great great grandparents.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 November, 2006 6:20 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia Ora cuzzies,

Too Raniera, yea i jus found out of my auntie, they used to stay at Ruawai and then moved to Tango Wahine, and then to Aucks, in Te Atatu, bro send me a private message on here.
Etherealari, it would be choice to know the fourteen children, sis hook us up, chur.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 December, 2006 8:07 pm
mkahui OWC
(@mkahui-owc)

quote:

HELP PLEEASE! iam looking for my whakapapa,alls i know is Herewini married Ripeka Pukeroa & had Stanley James (Grandfather) his brothers were uncle Remo, Albert, Auntie winnie, he had others but i dont know them, i think they were from Kaimaumau, i was told his father was Hemi Ngapo, but i cant confirm this, theres no one left on our line that knows, i am stuck as all of them are now gone, please help whanau it would make my Christmas, Thank You

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 December, 2006 9:10 pm
Mikaere OWC
(@mikaere-owc)

Looking for Herewini and Pukeroa whanau go to the Te Rarawa website and you will find the whakapapa's on their message board. Their URL is www.terarawa.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 December, 2006 7:47 pm
FunkyJai OWC
(@funkyjai-owc)

Kia Ora Whanau,
I'd like to help-I'm still in the process of filling in the missing links myself.Please refer to the post/request i made in the Te Kanawa link for the connection with Te Pukeroa line.

Any help will be much appreciated.

My Goal for all this searching is to make a bonafide referenced book with all the necessary details to do with Tarutaru and Ruapounamu's line forward. It's such a shame to loose all this information with the loss of our dear loved ones.

With your info and mine we can put them into the same basket to benefit the whole whanau and future generations.

Naku Noa
Jai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 December, 2006 4:34 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: