Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HENRY, John (Riki) & Lucy (Ria) PIRIPI  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Tangaroawhai
(@tangaroawhai)

Kia ora, I have been tracing my whanau whakapapa, but with little information to offer i dont know where to begin My father John Richard Tangaroawhai Henry has been deceased for 12years. He rarely spoke of his up - bringing and his whakapapa which has left me struggling to find a starting point. With brief conversations, my father mentioned he was a descendant of Waikato/Tainui. He was born at Te Hoe O Tainui to John (Riki) Henry of Te Hoe and Lucy (Ria) Piripi of Taumarunui.
So if anybody could help me find my whanau whakapapa please leave a message on the message board or email. dvs underscore natedawg at hotmail dot com. Kia Ora Ano

Edited by - Tangaroawhai on Feb 09 2007 1:01:26 PM

Edited by - Tangaroawhai on Feb 18 2007 12:54:07 PM

Posted : 30 January, 2007 2:51 pm
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Kia ora Tamati,

Raye hea I just posted this in Aocafe hope da whanau in dat forum reply da site is http://www.aocafe.com/forums/index.php
look for Whakapapa forum Tamati

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2007 4:04 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora, I have been tracing my whanau whakapapa, but with little information to offer i dont know where to begin My father John Richard Tangaroawhai Henry has been deceased for 12years. He rarely spoke of his up - bringing and his whakapapa which has left me struggling to find a starting point. With brief conversations, my father mentioned he was a descendant of Waikato/Tainui. He was born at Te Hoe O Tainui to John (Riki) Henry of Ohinewai and Ria Piripi of Taumarunui.
My father also mentioned his siblings, but i only remember two of them, his older sister Lucy(deceased) and David(deceased).
So if anybody could help me find my whanau whakapapa please leave a message on the message board or email. dvs underscore natedawg at hotmail dot com. Kia Ora Ano

Kia ora Tangaroawhai,

Here's a little info to help you on your journey. (I hope).

Ria PIRIPI (AFN: 4CFD-L0)
Sex: F
Event[s]:
Birth: Pirongia, Waipa, N-Zl
Death: About 1808
Click on here to read more.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/AF/individual_record.asp?recid=3549078&lds=0&region=-1&regionfriendly=&frompage=99

Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2007 4:11 pm
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Kiaora Tangaroawhai..
check this forum out

WILSON/PIRIPI Ngamako in Tracing Tupuna might help you shi droped your side the Ingoa PIRIPI and TAngaroawhai as well as the Hapu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2007 12:32 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora, I have been tracing my whanau whakapapa, but with little information to offer i dont know where to begin My father John Richard Tangaroawhai Henry has been deceased for 12years. He rarely spoke of his up - bringing and his whakapapa which has left me struggling to find a starting point. With brief conversations, my father mentioned he was a descendant of Waikato/Tainui. He was born at Te Hoe O Tainui to John (Riki) Henry of Te Hoe and Lucy (Ria) Piripi of Taumarunui.

John Richard Tangaroawhai HENRY and Ria PIRIPI.

Goolge Search for Tangaroawhai HENRY
http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLF,GGLF:1970-01,GGLF:en&q=taNGAROAWHAI+HENRY

Google search for HENRY whanau
http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&rls=GGLF%2CGGLF%3A1970-01%2CGGLF%3Aen&q=HENRY+whanau&meta=

Google search for Ria PIRIPI
http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLF,GGLF:1970-01,GGLF:en&q=ria+piripi

Google search for PIRIPI whanau.
http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLF,GGLF:1970-01,GGLF:en&q=PIRIPI+WHANAU

Maori land search for Tangaroawhai HENRY – no data found.

Maori land search for John Riki HENRY – no data found.

Maori land search for John HENRY
http://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz/mlol/searchresults.jsp?firstName=john&lastName=Henry&submitOwner=Search&trustName=&blockName=&district=

John Richard HENRY – no data found.

Maori land search for Richard HENRY. Could be no relation???
http://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz/mlol/searchresults.jsp?firstName=richard&lastName=henry&submitOwner=Search&trustName=&blockName=&district=

Maori land search for Riki HENRY – no data found.

Maori land search for Lucy PIRIPI - no data found.

Maori land search for Ria HENRY – no data found.

Maori land search for Ria PIRIPI.
http://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz/mlol/searchresults.jsp?firstName=ria&lastName=piripi&submitOwner=Search&trustName=&blockName=&district=
If this is your nan, then you might have to go for succession for her landshares. Post if you want more info on this. Will direct you to websites with the info pertaining to succession. This also applies to Richard HENRY. You will need to contact Maori land court and ask for succession papers for Richard Henry, Block: Komakorau Parish of 2A Sec 148. Who he got his land shares from. Ask if they can post you a copy. Nine times out of ten, there is whakapapa on these minutes. So that would give you a starting point in your quest to reunite yourself with your whanau. Also do the same for Ria PIRIPI that should also have whakapapa on the minutes. mlcwaiariki@justice.govt.nz

28, 10:40AM, A20050017957, 113,118/93, Minnie Maihi,
Ria Hokai or Ria Piripi Petera or Nora Petera -
Succession
6 NATIONAL PANUI kohitätea/january 2006.

To find the name ‘Ria Hokai’ in this magazine or on any page:
1.. click on ctrl and F key together.
2.. a little box should appear on screen or above by the toolbar?
3.. type the surname of the person you are searching, eg HOKAI.
4.. click on next and keep clicking on next until a screen pops informing you that ‘Acrobat has finished searching the document. The find item was not found’. This FIND tool can be done to all documents anywhere on the computer.
http://www.justice.govt.nz/maorilandcourt/panui/January%2006%20National%20Panui2.pdf

Unclaimed Land Monies for HENRY whanau.
Taitokerau 1831907-00 Kingi William Henry $ 685.06
Tairawhiti 1341645-00 Walter Besant Henry $ 1,023.71
Tairawhiti 1342723-00 William Albert Henry $ 318.25

Unclaimed land monies for PIRIPI whanau.
Taitokerau 1847284-00 David Karaina Piripi $ 1,580.43
Aotea 1714578-00 Hoani Puarata Piripi $ 2,159.18
Waikato-Maniapoto 1431172-00 Hone Tangaroawhai Piripi $ 1,130.13
Waikato-Maniapoto 1456577-00 John Tawera Piripi $ 624.06
Waikato-Maniapoto 1460270-00 John Tawera Piripi $ 318.71
Aotea 1714575-00 Kapariera Rangiirunga Piripi $ 956.25
Taitokerau 1811336-00 Miria Piripi $ 874.49
Aotea 1714576-00 Parepaone Rangiirunga Piripi $ 956.25
Taitokerau 1847283-00 Te Aranga Iratana Karaina Piripi $ 1,580.43
Aotea 1749635-00 Waipurukamu Piripi $ 2,734.62
Taitokerau 1847288-00 Wereta Karaina Piripi $ 1,580.44

Taitokerau 1849817-00 Winiwini McGee & Takariri Piripi McGee (Jointly) $ 1,096.75
This could be a relation????

Hope you find something in here? Happy reading.

E N J O Y

Edited by - Ira on May 27 2007 5:21:34 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 May, 2007 11:39 pm
rlee OWC
(@rlee-owc)
Eminent Member

Did John live in Morrinsville?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 May, 2007 11:58 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora,

I am guessing that this could be your dad or at least a relation.

Waikato-Maniapoto 1431172-00 Hone Tangaroawhai Piripi $ 1,130.13
Hone - maori name for John.
Tangaroawhai - Is part of you fathers name.
Piripi - Would be your grandmothers surname.

If that is your dad then you will be able to succeed to his maori land shares.

What is succession?
http://www.justice.govt.nz/maorilandcourt/succession.htm

You will need to email maori land court and ask for succession papers for Hone Tangaroawhai PIRIPI. Who Hone received his land shares from? Usually the minutes, will provide you with a list of the successors. Aunties, Uncles, etc.
mlcwaikato@justice.govt.nz

Arohamai

Edited by - Ira on May 27 2007 5:39:57 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 May, 2007 5:35 pm
Tangaroawhai
(@tangaroawhai)

Kia Ora Ira for this information. I will definitely follow up with these leads. Noreira ka nui te mihi maioha kia koe, mo tenei awhina ahakoa he iti, he pounamu. Kia Ora rawa-atu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 May, 2007 9:13 pm
Tangaroawhai
(@tangaroawhai)

Sorry rlee, I am not to sure, but i heard my father say that he had whanau in Morrinsville. Maybe he stayed with them for awhile. I also know that he stayed or was brought up in Te Kauwhata with a Timoti Whanau, for most of his childhood. So thanks for your question. Kia Ora Ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 May, 2007 9:20 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

Kia Ora Tamati
I can definetly help, lucky I saw your posting. My nana was Daisy Te Momo (nee Waikato) and her parents were Jack Waikato and Rangiwauwau Waikato (nee Timoti). My nana mum and dad was from Te Hoe O Tainui and her dad was Timoti Maui Tangarouwhai (Timoti). The original name of Timoti (Timothy) is really Tangarouwhai but the pakeha couldnt pronounce the name and changed it to Timothy and I have most of the whakapapa of my tupunas line. You are right as there are some Timothy whanau in Te Kauwhata and heaps of them are in Huntly and Thames also. Te Hoe O Tainui is part of Waitii and that is where our Marae is and alot of our Timothy whanau buried there. The Awa, Waikato and Randall whanau are all related to the Timothy Whanau. Hope this helps as I have lots more information.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2007 2:12 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

Also thought I would let you know our Iwi is Tainui and hapu is Ngati Paoa and Ngati Makirangi. My uncle has all the Tangaroawhai whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2007 2:15 am
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora Tangaroawhai..
check this forum out

WILSON/PIRIPI Ngamako in Tracing Tupuna might help you shi droped your side the Ingoa PIRIPI and TAngaroawhai as well as the Hapu

Kia ora hinemako,

site address for WILSON/PIRIPI Ngamoko.
http://whakapapa.maori.org.nz//topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=960&FORUM_ID=3&CAT_ID=2&Forum_Title=Tracing+Tupuna+%28Ancestors%29&Topic_Title=WILSON%2FPIRIPI++Ngamako

Well done whanau,

Ka Kite Whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2007 6:53 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia Ora Ira for this information. I will definitely follow up with these leads. Noreira ka nui te mihi maioha kia koe, mo tenei awhina ahakoa he iti, he pounamu. Kia Ora rawa-atu.

Kia ora ano,

Last one: Google search on hoe o tainui.
http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLF,GGLF:1970-01,GGLF:en&q=hoe+o+tainui

Ma te waa whanau...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2007 7:08 pm
waimakariri OWC
(@waimakariri-owc)

Kia ora, My name is Sam Stewart and i am a student journalist at AUT in Auckland. I have just stumbled across your search for your father and i am fascinated at how much response you have had! We produce a newspaper twice a year at AUT called Te Waha Nui and i would be keen to do a story on you and your search for the next issue. If you want to share your story i would love to tell it! if you could e-mail me at samstewart86@hotmail.com and let me know what you think that would be fantastic.

Look forward to hearing from you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 May, 2007 4:06 pm
moirajane.friend@yahoo.com.au OWC
(@moirajane-friendyahoo-com-au-owc)

Kia Ora my name is Moira I have searched through our whanau whakapapa there is no one bye this name but you are very close to our, Henry whanau as my Uncle Richard Henry lives just before Te Hoe and Hoe O Tainui, you maybe able to search at the urupa on Tahuna Road or try and trace from Waiti Marae or Tutu-ra-papa Hukanui Marae there are alot of Henrys around i wish you all the success in tracing your tupuna i know how hard it can be as i am to searching for them and there surrounding marriages that link us all together. my email address is moira_richard@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 November, 2007 11:52 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: