Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

HETA, Te Motu  

Page 1 / 2 Next
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

kia ora,

I am tracing my father's mother whakapapa, Iwi Raukawa.
Her parents Te Motu Heta married Hinga Hapimana or Hinga Wiremu.
both married 1938.
Te Motu Heta died at the aged 75yrs, 1945. He was an carver and a policeman.

This is far as I got on her father.
Hope someone can help me find my great grandfather side.

Edited by - pearlau on Mar 09 2005 2:55:37 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 December, 2004 6:59 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora huiabird,

If you go [url="http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/subjects/maori/guides/maoricarvers_2.htm"]here[/url] and scroll down you will find a bit of information on Te Motu Heta.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2005 1:53 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Tena koe,
I'd note information. Therefore, the info could lead me to the right direction if I go to my local library.

Thankyou.

Can you help find this person
MATEKINO PUNOKE b1864
I can only say he was the righthand man for the kingitanga, king tawhiao and whaikoreo at Turangawaewae, & pukawa marae (paepae).

kia ora...huiabird

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2005 2:03 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano huiabird,

Create a new post for MATEKINO PUNOKE - it will make it easier to track and also easier for people who may come in the future looking for him.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2005 1:41 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Done!

kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2005 7:47 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

kia ora,

I'd found his name also known arapeta heta married to hinga wiremu hapi.
Hoping whanau know any connection of my great grand-koro whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 March, 2005 6:13 pm
tutemohuta OWC
(@tutemohuta-owc)

Kia Ora I am from Ngati Tutemohuta and our marae at Waitahanui was carved by your koroua as to was another marae in Tuwharetoa. I did not know Motu married Hinga Werimu Hapi who is from Ngati Tutemohuta as well. There are many Hapi whanau living in Waitahanui and relatives are the Clarke whanau (through Marriage), Northcroft whanau all from Ngati Tutemohuta south of Taupo township.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2006 5:23 pm
krismarshall OWC
(@krismarshall-owc)

quote:

kia ora,

I am tracing my father's mother whakapapa, Iwi Raukawa.
Her parents Te Motu Heta married Hinga Hapimana or Hinga Wiremu.
both married 1938.
Te Motu Heta died at the aged 75yrs, 1945. He was an carver and a policeman.

This is far as I got on her father.
Hope someone can help me find my great grandfather side.

Edited by - pearlau on Mar 09 2005 2:55:37 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2007 9:37 am
krismarshall OWC
(@krismarshall-owc)

kiora huiabird my name is donna marshall/heta i am from the king country.my father was whangai to the marshall family but originally a heta from Te Awamutu.my grandparents were Matengaro Heta nee Tiepa and my grandfather was Wharetakanui Richard Heta.Te Motu was my grandfathers oldest brother.There was 4 siblings in order Te Motu Ngahuia Te Riri and my grandfather was the baby Wharetakanui. I also have a cousin in Nae Nae of Lower Hutt her name is frances wilson her g grandfather was Te Motu and her nanny Hinga Hapi.If you wish to find the rest of your whanau it will be great to hear from you.We are having a get together in december back home in Te Awamutu 27-29 at Owairaka Marae if you would like to come and meet the rest of your whanau.Te Motu is buried at Aotearoa Marae with my koro Wharetakanui and the rest of them there in Te awamutu.I hope this information helps you.My contact details are 04 564 1422 or 027 341 4118 if you wish to contact me.Pomarie.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 November, 2007 10:30 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

tena koutou

m)whangonatau heta married (f)te-rauatua-te-huia.
te arapeta motu heta parents- iwi RAUKAWA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 November, 2007 9:57 am
krismarshall OWC
(@krismarshall-owc)

[quote]

tena koutou

m)whangonatau heta married (f)te-rauatua-te-huia.
te arapeta motu heta parents- iwi RAUKAWA

Kiora pono Ae that is correct they are my great grandparents they are my dads grandparents.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 November, 2007 8:28 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora donna

according my note book I wasn't aware our kuia names was spell right
te rauatua te huia or te rau O te huia.
Do you have whakapapa both our tupuna whangonatau and rau goes back their descendants. I would be very happy I'm sure my grandmother will.

Dearly missed my grandmother te rauatua te huia very much, a special person had a heart of gold, my best friend and mum.

Everytime I think about her I try to forget this dream for long time since shes gone
I never bother find out who this tupuna was,
who knows

This is the dream......
Standing next to my grandmother and an old chief sat on the ground wore long beautiful korowai, red/brown and a huia feather on his head.
There this loooong fence, 3 of us on one side of the fence, I looked up at this very high fence was shaking. On the other side of the fence, no building or houses, just land and hills
This tupuna said something I'm not sure, karatonga? or karataunga?

(belive me, my grandmother was alive, she would have taken tab bet) hehehe!

frances Yes I remember uncle joe daughter
Last I saw at my grandmother house.

forgot to say I've new id pono
huiabird lost the password.

ka kite ano

Edited by - pono on Nov 23 2007 01:48:19 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2007 1:37 am
Leanne Heta OWC
(@leanne-heta-owc)

Kia ora. I am trying to locate descendants of Alan Donald Heta (passed away now but was born in 1940). Don't know anymore than this but would like to find out if he had any children and/or who his parents were. Also if he had any siblings.

Any information will be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Leanne

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 November, 2007 8:17 pm
Leanne Heta OWC
(@leanne-heta-owc)

I have since found out that Alan Donald Heta grew up in Waitotara/Wanganui area. He moved to Auckland around 2003 and passed in 2005.

Does anyone have any information on him?

Cheers
Leanne

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 December, 2007 9:25 am
krismarshall OWC
(@krismarshall-owc)

Kiora Pono

I hope this information has helped you in any way but Ae we must related in some way.My dads real dad was wharetakanui heta from Te Awamutu he was the youngest son of Te Rauatua and Whangonatau.How old are you?and where do you live now?have you got any contact details so we can talk!If so please contact me and we can refer notes.

Pomarie Donna

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 December, 2007 6:43 pm
Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register