Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HETARAKA  

RSS
j.hetaraka370 OWC
(@j-hetaraka370-owc)

Kiaora Whanau
Ko Jasmine Hetaraka toku ingoa.
Ko Nga Puhi toku iwi.
I am searching for my pepeha and whakapapa but I'm finding it really difficult. This is what I know so far so please, if you can add anything It would be greatly appreciated!
My Father is Wickcliff (Wiki) Henare Hetaraka Born: 01.11.1957 in Kawakawa. He is the youngest of 19 children who grew up in Auckland. He then moved to Southland and had us three kids.
His Father was Haukaha Hetaraka Born: 1914 in Rawhiti, Died 10.10.1964. He married Mona Louisa Ponga Hetaraka (nee, astle) Born: 14.09.1919, Died 06.08.1986.
My fathers grandfather & grandmother were Wairepa Hetaraka Born: 1881, Died 1954 and Huirua Mihiora Hetaraka (nee Mcneil) Born?, Died 14.09.1979. Really hope somone can help me!

Posted : 25 September, 2006 5:17 pm
Joy OWC
(@joy-owc)

Kia ora. My husband's grandmother was a Hetaraka, born and raised in Clevedon (Akld), not far from Kawakawa Bay. I have visited the urupa in Clevedon and met alot of the Hetaraka whanau who are really widespread throughout NZ. If you know any local whanau in the Clevedon area,they may be able to assist. Good Luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 October, 2006 1:12 pm
Sugababie OWC
(@sugababie-owc)

Kia Ora,
My mother in law is from Ngati Hine her name is Miringa Tamihana nee Hetaraka born 1935. I'm unsure who her parents are but some of her siblings are Rebecca, Phillip and Wallace that still carry the Hetaraka name. Wallace is a well known carver up north and Carmen Hetaraka is a Community orientated sort of a guy for Ngatiwai and Ngati Hine. He is also well known in the northland region.
Uhm yeah that's bout as much as I know.
Good luck anyways!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 March, 2008 11:45 pm
rangaunu OWC
(@rangaunu-owc)

Kia Ora Whannaunga,

I was brought up with some Hetaraka Whanau from Whatuwhiwhi in the Far North. Cedric(Tupu)Hetaraka who married Maraea (nee Nathan) Hetaraka. Tupu had 2 brothers Mu and Peri (Fred). Mu lived most of his life in Te Kao while Fred I think lived mostly in Auckland. There is a book out there at the moment "Te Whanau Moana" written by Mccully Matiu which might be of hepl.

Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2008 7:37 pm
Teowai OWC
(@teowai-owc)

Kia Ora,

My Koro Whare Hiku may be able to help you. He has been a valuable resource. If you message me i'll give you his phone number. He lives in Pukekohe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2008 12:39 am
Jeanerickson
(@jeanerickson)

Hi there, my family name is Hetaraka from nga tai tamaki, you can try to message Hera hetaraka on Facebook for information about our family 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 January, 2019 5:38 am
Share: